carb help

i know its been done and said before, but evrybodys builds are differrent. currently i am planning on beefing up my 6.5 clone. here is a list of parts:

14cc head
.275 cam with compression release
18lb. springs with retainers ect.
1.2 ratio rocker arms
flat top piston(std.)
billet valves and lifters
billet rod
billet flywheel
hl334wx tilly carb
intake mannifold for clone
custom straight pipe header

here are my issues: what throttle linkage do i buy for my tilly? i seen a kit for a clone is it that one or a different one? i've never modified a clone and to be honest this is my first ever modification and i just want to be sure that my combination of parts are all gonna be benifitial to each other and not cause poor performance and power loss. i've decided to go with the tilly cause of all the negative feedback on the tuning of the mikunis. also what size of jets would be the best combo for my set up. thanks for any ideas or help!!

13bleed

well it does 40 mph according to the gps. i would like it to get to at least 60. i have a straight pipe header on it now and removed the govoner(getting a billet flywheel, so no worries there) and i have a racing air filter on it, and a hillard extreme racing clutch. really i just want it to go faster, and i don't want to mod certain things and have other parts break.

korndog

I'll have a crack at it:

Was the 40mph with a stock carb? My engine made 65+ with less lift at the valve. Most of the differences in our engines are carb, cam and head. If you want to make more power, you need to do like MDB says and make the head flow better. At the very least you need to do some porting if not change the valves. Then maybe get a better cam and stiffer springs. The Tillotson is a good choice if it's setup right for your engine. You don't need to worry about jets with the Tillotson. :thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Both of those throttle kits work for that carb. It shows you a picture of how it hooks on. Also EC is in the business of making money by selling those parts. So you can always call them and ask. The will love to answer your question, followed by you buying the part you just asked about.