CarPlay's Taco G300 Just Fo' Fun Class 2015 buildoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarPlayLB

After some heartfelt encouragement from Cheezy, here is my entry for 2015.

I call this the Taco G300, because it will never be a legitimate T100! I bought this with stars in my eyes, forgot to look for the serial number. :001_huh:Apparently Taco made frames as kits and this could have been a number of different bikes depending on the wheels, etc. So this is my illegitimate Taco T100!
Although I have only had this for a couple of weeks, I have already made some progress, so this is the JFF class. The frame has been sandblasted. The extra bits have been sawed and ground off, and new footpegs welded on. What you see here is ready for powder coat!
The tires are now clean and once the wheels are clean, they will be married! I have a Briggs I/C 5HP motor that need a bit of attention. I don't like governors, so this will have some billet parts. I have yet to figure out the carb situation.
The fork is stuck into the fan shroud if you cannot see it

Thanks for having me as the last minute guy!

Last edited:
Glad you are here Eric, and looking forward to this build . :thumbsup: Good Luck (the other eric) :wink:
I LOVE TACOS !!!

CarPlayLB

I always think about doing one thing at a time...and typically that is all I have time for! Tonight I conquered the front wheel and tire. The tri-spoke was just a little dirty and needed scrubbin'! The tire I sprayed with Eagle One tire and wheel cleaner and scrubbed it. Followed that with a liberal dose of Armor All and then a good wipe down. The Two Chief Carlisle is good from far, but far from good! It has minimal cracks, but it won't see higher speeds with me at the handles

I always think about doing one thing at a time...and typically that is all I have time for! Tonight I conquered the front wheel and tire. The tri-spoke was just a little dirty and needed scrubbin'! The tire I sprayed with Eagle One tire and wheel cleaner and scrubbed it. Followed that with a liberal dose of Armor All and then a good wipe down. The Two Chief Carlisle is good from far, but far from good! It has minimal cracks, but it won't see higher speeds with me at the handles

Nice ! :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Eric, how did you shine up those rims?? Purdy!!
Thanks Buck! Don't tell my wife that I cleaned these in the kitchen sink. Probably should have run them through the dishwasher!

ScotchBrite makes some body shop products. They have an "extra fine" scrubber pad that I used with a little dish soap. As you have seen, most of my builds are polished and shiny, but I did not want that for this bike. No over restored stuff here! Not having worked with tri-stars before, I did not know what the results would be so I wanted to go in easy. They are not perfect, but from 10 feet away they look great!

CarPlayLB

Taco G300 is at powder coat now. The Steen's brochure talks about it being blue, but Cheezy says they were purple, so it will be purple! Don't want to go against the Cheez...but I did just cut the cheez!:scared:
I do have some parts going to the chrome shop today. The springs, which I carefully cut off the for legs, will need some shine.

trinik7597

Thanks Buck! Don't tell my wife that I cleaned these in the kitchen sink. Probably should have run them through the dishwasher!

ScotchBrite makes some body shop products. They have an "extra fine" scrubber pad that I used with a little dish soap. As you have seen, most of my builds are polished and shiny, but I did not want that for this bike. No over restored stuff here! Not having worked with tri-stars before, I did not know what the results would be so I wanted to go in easy. They are not perfect, but from 10 feet away they look great!
from ten feet away ? its so shiny you can see it from NY :laugh: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.