CAT 350ss Clone- 1970 Restoration

Agreed, skate board wheels do work better! However, it's also nice to have the OEM parts. For this CAT project I'm still on the search a chrome switch plate, front/rear fenders and the noisy chain tensioner.

scan ebay for the fenders and kill switch plate i just got a rear fender for my 300TT for 40 bucks shipped i made damn sure i was getting it lol. now i got the set for my bike

Not neccisarily a bad design, but the way it looks it is possible for the bracket to roll around and at the least shorten the pull causing the brake to have less stopping power! Having the thing anchored at 2 points eliminates the possibility! I do agree a sprocket\disc setup is less than perfect design as my Arco EZrider has the same type brake and will be changed! It wont be a perfect original but an improved version! The Cat looks great keep up the good work Runninlate!
Thanks again supernova and good luck on your Arco restoration. Once this CAT 350ss Clone is finished I will also be working on what I believe is a 1968 Arco. But I must first finish the CAT....

Here's some pictures from this weekend of the CAT assembled minus the clutch cover. I was able to ride it yesterday and burn about a quart of gas. Overall I'm pleased with the ride with the exception of two items.

There's some harmonics going on with the front end at high speed where the front wheel goes into a front-to-back wobble??? Also, the angle bracket on the disk brake set up flexes under tension and I will need to come up with a better design.

HPE Muskin CAT 350ss (clone) - After

dang you should of had them make 3 lol bikes looks awsome in time when i find the correct motor for my 350ss im gonna strip it and redo it all over

dang you should of had them make 3 lol bikes looks awsome in time when i find the correct motor for my 350ss im gonna strip it and redo it all over
Thanks Dodge. Your CAT looks great, just build another one....

I'm also looking for 3.5 tec for this project. The one on the bike is a side exhaust:doah: and I'll eventually replace it with a rear exhaust. No rush on this, I still need to fix the wheel wobble, fabricate a new angle braket for the disk brake, fabricate mounting brackets for the clutch cover and maybe one day score the switch plate.

It will all get done in time, the shop will soon close for summer and re-open in the fall leaving plenty of time to look for burried treasures and riding!

Again, consider building another CAT 350ss for your litter:hammer:

yea im gonna be needing a 3.5 for the 300 im building. and yea ill prob just build another 350ss and take the blue one out of my room and ride it idk i really wouldnt want to but idk what im gonna do id like to find some more belive me

Here's a close up of the Tec 3.5 with the rear mounted tank. I'm still on the fence on replacing this small tank with the original in the front. I can get about 1/2 hour riding time if I fill it to the top. I do like the clean look on the front of the engine.

CAT 350ss Clone

with everyone asking about them thought it would have gotten more interest :devil2:
I'm shocked all the Cat items in that group did'nt sell in a hurry! I got everything I needed except the Kickstand! My 350x has the scrub but my buddy might need the caliper, he has a 400 with no caliper but the bracket is there! I will see him tomorrow, I'll tell him about the caliper!