Cat 400x parts questions

Hey guys I have a Cat 400x from about 1970- check out my pictures to see it. It has a hs40 Tecumseh 4 hp on it. I was wondering if this exhaust will work on it and if it comes with everything I need to install it Flathead Tecumseh Exhaust
Also, will I need a muffler as well or just the pipe? I was also wondering if this clutch guard will work on it Chain Guard

If either part doesn't work could you recommend one that would. The guard does not need to be original, just able to keep legs/feet away from moving parts.

Finally does anyone know of any performance upgrades or part replacements I could do for performance? Thanks. Dug Jug

buckeye

They both should work. Be sure it's long enough to come out from under the seat.
Can't help with hot rod parts.

Cool, an does anyone know how the pipe fits on the engine (picture)? Like do I take the existing exhaust off or just bolt it on that? Also, anyone know of any performance parts?

buckeye

You will need to remove the old exhaust.
Don't know if it comes with a exhaust gasket. If not you will need one of those. And maybe new bolts to attach it.
You also may need to brace it, so it doesn't jack up your exhaust port from the vibrations. :thumbsup:

I guess that there are not any performance parts...:shrug: But, given that it is an old bike (40 years old) are there any parts worth replacing or cleaning? Maybe the carb and what else?