Cat Eliminator A.K.A " The Comeback Kid"

We got a little bit done yesterday... Took the front wheel back apart to add some paint on the rim and get rid of the sawtooth tire. Also swapped out the original sprocket which was slightly warped for a re-pop from OldMiniBikes Warehouse. That seemed to help with the way the brake caliper was setting. Still need to file a little bit of the brake pads down to get it to float just right, but today is football.

Finally got a lot of stuff done yesterday. Got the shroud, caliper, pull-start, and back wheel painted up.
IMG_2307.JPG IMG_2299.JPG IMG_2308.JPG IMG_2312.JPG IMG_2313.JPG IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2319.JPG
Also put on the foot peg covers. Threw the hooker header on the engine. Put the engine on the bike and we're close to riding status :laugh: Good work day
IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2294.JPG IMG_2309.JPG IMG_2323.JPG
And we put the grips on and the foot-peg covers on as well :thumbsup:

Looking great Kid.:thumbsup: Is that a 400x?
It's a 400EL. Not sure of the year, but I did learn the eliminator a came out in 1970.

We've also got a repop seat that Kenny 8ball had listed on eBay last week and a nice set of sebacs that black scorpion had listed on here the other day both ordered. With any luck, should have both this week. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's a 400EL. Not sure of the year, but I did learn the eliminator a came out in 1970.

We've also got a repop seat ordered that Kenny 8ball had listed on eBay last week and a nice set of sebacs that black scorpion had listed on here the other day both ordered. With any luck, should have both this week. :thumbsup:
.........................:thumbsup:

Nice, was that that the roller you had in AL last year?? The header looks great on that frame :drool:
One and the same. It was always the plan to use that header on it. It follows the line on the sissy bar really well too once that goes on, I just wish we had a nicer sissy bar to use. :shrug:

markus

you try ebay member lilkasey976 ? He was the guy that had the big stack of those sissy bars and seems to randomly sell them here and there in various conditions.

I just gave him a shout and he said he had a few left that "would need re-chromed". I asked him to send a picture or two so I can see if his are any better than what I have, cause re-chroming anything ain't in the budget.

I'm so happy

:freakout: Progress :freakout:

Painted the seat rails and the shocks, cleaned up the engine, put the new SEBAC's on, thanks to Chad (minibikin') for the OldMiniBikes sticker :thumbsup:

IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2356.JPG IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2338.JPG FullSizeRender (1).jpg

We also got really nice seat from kenny8ball and a new sissy bar which really make the bike

IMG_2366.JPG IMG_2370.JPG IMG_2374.JPG IMG_2380.JPG IMG_2383.JPG

All that's left now is to hookup the throttle and brake cables then we'll be putt putting in no time :scooter::scooter::scooter: