cat mini bike for parts

Parting out my cat mini bike just wanna make room in the garage not sure of the year but it's early 70s I assume it has a predator 79cc engine pretty much brand new maybe 1 hour in it the bike has no seat and it is pretty much clean from rust just some surface rust in a few areas it runs and drives the clutch just needs to be put back on with the chain that's all..I live in long island if any one is interested locally in coming to scoop it up lmk but I will not ship the complete bike I will ship parts though my zip is 11756 and my name is Mike...parts goes as follows: (not really sure what they are worth I'm just guessing if I'm priced to high or low just let me know I'm a noob:shrug:)

Complete rolling frame for pick up $125
Rims and tires only $50
79cc predator engine $65 (fairly new)
Front fender $25

SOLD EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!

Last edited:

capguncowboy

If you've got a kickstand on that bike, I want it. I can't tell in the pictures and didn't see it listed. PM me if you have one

And a switchplate

Last edited:
If you've got a kickstand on that bike, I want it. I can't tell in the pictures and didn't see it listed. PM me if you have one

And a switchplate
Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet that even the air in the tires has been spoken for by now. A Cat feeding frenzy don't last long....:laugh:

capguncowboy

Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet that even the air in the tires has been spoken for by now. A Cat feeding frenzy don't last long....:laugh:
So I'm noticing. I've been looking for a front fender for a while now. I guess I could just list mine on here as a roller. Part it out, help a few others out, and let someone else try to complete it.

Jamie1972

Parting out my cat mini bike just wanna make room in the garage not sure of the year but it's early 70s I assume it has a predator 79cc engine pretty much brand new maybe 1 hour in it the bike has no seat and it is pretty much clean from rust just some surface rust in a few areas it runs and drives the clutch just needs to be put back on with the chain that's all..I live in long island if any one is interested locally in coming to scoop it up lmk but I will not ship the complete bike I will ship parts though my zip is 11756 and my name is Mike...parts goes as follows: (not really sure what they are worth I'm just guessing if I'm priced to high or low just let me know I'm a noob:shrug:)

Complete rolling frame for pick up $125
Rims and tires only $50
79cc predator engine $65 (fairly new)
Front fender $25
Zip code was sent.!

Yeah I figured let me post it up and let you guys sl#t it out didn't realize the front fender was that big of an item lol probably posted the wrong price lol what ever I'm glad to help I want to fund a taco frijole the new one that they sell online..lmk if any you guys want the rims and the tires too:smile:

Last edited:

pomfish

Yeah I figured let me post it up and let you guys sl#t it out didn't realize the front fender was that big of an item lol probably posted the wrong price lol what ever I'm glad to help I want to fund a taco frijole the new one that they sell online..lmk if any you guys want the rims and the tires too:smile:
NOOO, no, no.

I am sure someone else here has tried to set you straight, in case they have not.
The new taco's are just that, new. Hype.
Not better, not worth more,, but most important, not worth the premium price attached. They will not increase in value.
They will never be " the real deal"

And there are a lot of good vintage bikes that will be better for you in the long run for less money.
Trust me on this. I am not knocking the people making something old new again, I am just stating facts.
Save your money, come to Windber next month, if you can, or if not, buy a vintage bike from one of our members that suits your needs and price.
You will be far better off.
Thanks,

Keith

Jamie1972

NOOO, no, no.

I am sure someone else here has tried to set you straight, in case they have not.
The new taco's are just that, new. Hype.
Not better, not worth more,, but most important, not worth the premium price attached. They will not increase in value.
They will never be " the real deal"

And there are a lot of good vintage bikes that will be better for you in the long run for less money.
Trust me on this. I am not knocking the people making something old new again, I am just stating facts.
Save your money, come to Windber next month, if you can, or if not, buy a vintage bike from one of our members that suits your needs and price.
You will be far better off.
Thanks,

Keith
I second that notion.........:thumbsup:

I second that notion.........:thumbsup:
I'd "third" that notion, but I've been told by the "owner of Taco" that I've done "nothing to help move the sport/hobby forward one inch," and that I was "narrow minded and stuck in 1967."

With a business plan based on driving the costs of mini bikes "up," and disparaging comments about competitors and prospective customers, I'll be damned if I give him a hard-earned dime for anything.