CAT QUESTIONS

colt 1911

100_4121.jpg 100_4118.jpg 100_4119.jpg THE REAR WHEEL ASSEMBLY PICTURED CAME ON THE BIKE. IS IT OEM OR SOMETHING AFTER MARKET? THE I.D. OF THE DRUM IS 4 INCHES. IS THIS ASSEMBLY SET UP FOR DRUM BRAKES? 100_4120.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

capguncowboy

Cat Duster MX. I believe this is the correct brake assembly

EDIT: That's not correct. The brake assembly used to be available all over Ebay as NOS. I'm sure they're out there if you post up a want-ad

Last edited:

FunWithStuff

THE REAR WHEEL ASSEMBLY PICTURED CAME ON THE BIKE. IS IT OEM OR SOMETHING AFTER MARKET? THE I.D. OF THE DRUM IS 4 INCHES.
I believe you have an original assembly and rims. Even the paint is original on them because the Duster MX had silver painted rims compared to most other Cats that had black painted rims. The rubber tires however are not original from the looks of it because they are 90's-2000's Cheng Shen tires and not 70's Carlisle tires.

capguncowboy

It's been a long time since I did any research and I could be misremembering but I believe the Cheng Shen tires are original on the Duster MX. They used Carlisles on the other bikes though. Not that it matters, they'll need to be replaced either way if you want to ride it

FunWithStuff

It's been a long time since I did any research and I could be misremembering but I believe the Cheng Shen tires are original on the Duster MX. They used Carlisles on the other bikes though. Not that it matters, they'll need to be replaced either way if you want to ride it
I actually didn't know that! I knew they used Carlisle and Caesar tires but I didn't know Cheng Shen tires were used on them back in the 70's.