Chain Brand?

Do you want the the "best" QUALITY ( highest quality and price is no object), or do you want the "best" VALUE ( decent quality and price is a consideration).
Michael

I like the RLV gold. Never had an issue. Just know that the master links are specific, so order extras if you run one on your setup.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

CarPlayLB

because I am so critical, I buy it by what color I need! The RLV gold is a great choice, but not all of us old guys want gold chains! I have also used EK chain with good results...and they have a lovely silver color! Whatever you choose, remember that kart chains are much shorter. Even buying the 120 link chain, you may not have enough for a minibike! Do yourself a solid and buy the chain breaker too! An invaluable tool, and OldMiniBikes sells a nice one. I have used mine for a few years and it is a good piece!

Midyrman

Do you want the the "best" QUALITY ( highest quality and price is no object), or do you want the "best" VALUE ( decent quality and price is a consideration).
Michael
Taking the hardware store approach..., choosing between good, better or best I'd choose "better".

The EK Silver looks like a good choice.

I have the same question about a clutch.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom,
What engine are you running? With 5 Hp and under the "Standard" # 35 chain that OldMiniBikes Warehouse sells will work just fine and is a very good VALUE. Yes, RLV X-Treme is a superior high quality chain (My son runs it on his Bonanza with a performance - built Briggs Raptor that develops about 9 HP), but it really is not needed on the low HP bikes that do not put the higher stress on the chains. Of course, if you are looking for the "looking cool" factor, RLV is hard to beat and by all means indulge yourself! :>)
Michael

I run the RLV gold on my ARCO drag bike, but that engine makes 20hp.

On my Manco with a 5hp Tec and TAV2, I just used reg hardware store bulk chain for years and it has worked fine.

I'm working on Bonanzas with the 3.5, 4 and 5hp Tecumsehs.
You are just fine with "standard" # 35 chain and the "standard" Max - Torque clutch. Absolutely no need to upgrade to anything higher performance, as it will serve no purpose. With the $$ you save you can upgrade to a "Supporting Member here on OldMiniBikes"! LOL :>)
Michael

Midyrman

I went with EK Silver.

What chain breaker tool works given EK is a little wider than standard chain?

Or is the a manual ways that works best without danaging in the chain or my fingers?!!

Thanks.

Midyrman

I bought the about 20 dollar one that was recommended and it works great on the standard chain. But the EK chain won't fit into the holding channel. Did I buy the wrong one?