Chipper's Vintage Open Class Powell

Well we were iced in today , South LOUISIANA is shut down and I have a heated shop so I tore down both Powell's today , can I tell you after 45 plus years nothing comes apart easy ! I'm going to use the yellow frame as it is identical to the blue phantom and the engine plate isn't Swiss cheese , the forks off the blue one as the chrome is great and a mix of the wheels and rest of parts to use all the best pieces . The yellow frame had the rear fender mounts and tav cover mount , well those are now gone ! Also had the right side foot plate rotted , it's gone and I'll fab up a new one . New seat is ordered from manchester1 , I have the wheel halves and all the axles soaking in oxalic acid so she's moving along nicely !

Cleaned that up well! That front fork your gonna use looks great, almost looks new. My Powell frame is way different, those frames look like they are built a lot better [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Mr Chipper the bike is coming along sorta ok . Glad to see you finally working on her for a change and I hope you don't mess it up to bad .
I know it's gonna be slow but at least make it look ok .
Peace out

As an Electrical Contractor I'm fortunate to have an abundance of great heavy gauge sheet metal from breaker boxes , transformers , etc. I don't have a shear so I do it old school with a steady hand , 12-15 beers help lol. Anyways I've got the new foot plate cut out !

Parts are rolling in , got my bearings today and my Shinko's , also dropped frame off at my buddies to sandblast 47 years and at least 4 different colors off it so I can address the imperfections on the frame prior to new color !

As an Electrical Contractor I'm fortunate to have an abundance of great heavy gauge sheet metal from breaker boxes , transformers , etc. I don't have a shear so I do it old school with a steady hand , 12-15 beers help lol. Anyways I've got the new foot plate cut out !
Nice work Angelo. Would take me at least six beers to get it that straight. If you see a inexpensive tablesaw for sale, buy it and put on a metal cutting blade. Works perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk