Chipper's Vintage Open Class Powell

Nice work Angelo. Would take me at least six beers to get it that straight. If you see a inexpensive tablesaw for sale, buy it and put on a metal cutting blade. Works perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It took 12 or so beers Lol . I have a table saw and will have to give that a try , thanks !

We got like 5" of rain yesterday so my sand blasted frame stayed in my truck . Decided to tear down a lightly broken in Hemi I had , it literally was close to broke down:doah:
obviously during assembly little Long Wang dropped one of the side cover alignment sleeves into the block , as you see it broke the dipper clean off ! Luckily the engine only had a couple hours of run time and all is good
This Hemi has the piston .028 in the hole so 20 over rod it will get , I'll be ordering all the shiny engine parts tomorrow.

Had some time today , got the broken bolt drilled and tapped out of the rear wheel and re-tapped all the holes , assembled rear wheel and tire for mock up as I need to assemble swing arm to determine how much I have to raise the engine and I need to figure out a bushing for between the two brake parts .
also been smoothing out all the ruff areas on the frame.

We got like 5" of rain yesterday so my sand blasted frame stayed in my truck . Decided to tear down a lightly broken in Hemi I had , it literally was close to broke down:doah:
obviously during assembly little Long Wang dropped one of the side cover alignment sleeves into the block , as you see it broke the dipper clean off ! Luckily the engine only had a couple hours of run time and all is good
This Hemi has the piston .028 in the hole so 20 over rod it will get , I'll be ordering all the shiny engine parts tomorrow.
Ang you needed a better rod anyway ! :laugh:

CarPlayLB

Nice work Ang! that bike is coming along nicely!
I know a guy, that knows a guy, that can custom cut grip tape for the running boards...even put a logo in them for you. Open offer...text me dimensions and they will be done if needed!

Nice work Ang! that bike is coming along nicely!
I know a guy, that knows a guy, that can custom cut grip tape for the running boards...even put a logo in them for you. Open offer...text me dimensions and they will be done if needed!
You know it Brother !! Awesome and thanks a bunch , I'm bringing the new running board to my neighboring sheet metal to shop to roll the edge on it then I'll weld her up and measure !!

Glad it went smoothly for you. I had a machinist friend do several of these for me. I tried several iterations, but everything tended to cause the brake lever to lock up. I apologize for my faulty memory, but one of the measurements was slightly fat, requiring a bit of trimming. I suspect it was the .150 that was a little fat. View attachment 102900

Thanks a bunch Dave , that is it ! Great stuff and is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Glad it went smoothly for you. I had a machinist friend do several of these for me. I tried several iterations, but everything tended to cause the brake lever to lock up. I apologize for my faulty memory, but one of the measurements was slightly fat, requiring a bit of trimming. I suspect it was the .150 that was a little fat. View attachment 102900

Dave your plans show a 1/2 bore for the bolt to go though on the brake bushing is that correct?? The two bushings I have are 3/8 bore . Just wondering if your E model is different than mine .

Thanks David. Yes, all three E models all took a .500 bore/axle. I bet yours are too, unless you are running all that horsepower and weight on 3/8" axles!

Note [MENTION=46062]chipper[/MENTION] feel free to double check "your" requirements. I know I would. (grin)
Dave maybe I’am not understanding you but all the Powell’s we have , have 3/8 bolts holding the wheels on . And the hole in the bushing is 3/8 . Meaning the bolt just fits though the bushing. We have Powell’s from 1967-1971 , five total and there all the same .
So if you have a 1/2 “ bore bushing then you have 1/2 “ bolts going in the axle ???