Chopped up my other Baja

Should I mount the fenders up or down?

• fenders up

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • fenders down

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slow as a Wounded Turtle. I never heard that one before. Looking good cc. Can't wait to see it with the Motor on it.
Thanks EZ, that makes 2 of us. :laugh:

i have couple box's you could of fab on to.
looking good man
Thanks delray, I've thought about building a rack to go over the rear fender, and if I did the ammo boxes would look great as saddle bags!

She's a runner now! I still need to wrap the exhaust and get my decals and graphics sprayed but at least I can ride her in the mean time! I'm not crazy about the flat black so that will be redone when I replace the dummy tank with a real one. Enough with the jabbering and on with the pics! :biggrin: :scooter:

the flat black looks more like a dark grey and i dont like it much either lol.. but wow the rest of the bike is sweet now thats the way they should have made bajas!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words dodge. Yes... the black looks worse in the pics than in person, maybe the flash. :shrug: The good news is that it is easy to fix!

Thanks EZ, She runs out better than I thought she would. The engine is nothing special, Honda springs, lash set to 0, custom exhaust, re-jetted carb, heavy spring on the gov, and a I doubt the air filter helps that much since I using the stock lower air box. The valves float at 4900 rpm so with the stock gearing I'm guessing some where in the 35mph range, but she gets there real quick. :biggrin:

The biggest improvement I've made to this bike has got to be the cutting and re-welding the rear of the frame. With the increased ground clearance and the reduction in neck angle this bike rides great off-road! It's much better in the handling dept. I haven't had the frame catch on anything at all, and the bikes turning capability is 10x better than before. Now... if I can get my hands on a vinyl plotter and semi gloss black paint (maybe paint everything green :shrug: ) I'll be set! :doah: :laugh:

Thanks delray, I need to get it wrapped before I go on a ride longer that 5 minutes! In the winter it would be a good rear end heater but it's a little too hot for an extended ride with the weather we're having. As long as you moving pretty quick it's ok but when you slow down on a trail it starts getting a little hot. :eek:

I repainted the few parts that were flat black and wrapped the exhaust today. I decided to go green! :doah: Bad joke... I know! Anyway... I cleaned the bike up after a little ride today and took a few pics of the bike outside. The florescent lights in the shop suck when trying to take pics! I still need to paint the decals before I can call it done, but I think it has turned out ok so far.

Thanks EZ!

Thanks TRD!

Thanks edwin!

I'm happy with the way it has turned out so far! It's funny how painting a couple of pieces can totally change the whole look of the bike.

Hey now thats a clean bike, Im going to start my project soon and I had something like this planned out for it. Our bikes have a similar design. Have you thought of spraying the motor as well? Goog thing you changed the tank color the flat didnt look so good and IMO the flat gets "ashy" after a while, have you thought about a satin finish at all? I might go that route.

Thanks Mike, what kind of bike are you going to build? As far as painting the engine, I never have. I know there are a few high tech coatings that are durable enough, but I have never used any of them. Satin black would have looked better then the flat but I think the green was definitely the way to go on this bike. Good luck with your project. Start a build thread and post some pics for us.

well our frames aren't exactly the same but you can see it here: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/32492-new-toy-need-help.html

That's how it sits after I figured out a way to get clearance to mount the motor..Mostly the whole bike is there except I need a new T/C kit and various small nuts/bolts... complete paint you know to make it nice nice...

sorry if you answered this already..

I also meant to ask you about how you have the light/power setup because I plan on putting a headlight on as well..

I stripped down a scooter and got the alternator off of it but its kind of bulky and it's sort of an "internal" alternator that would need to be re-cased and setup somehow off the crank. how are you powering the light?

Wish I knew what exact color the Honda red is on the flywheel cover. I might just go cherry red on it. its a hot little motor you know:laugh:

and yes as soon as I get the parts I need and everything I will start my own build thread..