CJTMINI HF "Predator" header/muffler- First look!

OldMiniBikes member CJTMINI ("Chris") has just completed production of his custom header/muffler pipe made specifically for the HF 6.5 HP Predator engine. I believe that I have the very first one he has sold, and I am posting photos of it for your interest. The Ruppster 86 just installed it this afternoon on one of our Baja DB-30's. This is a high quality pipe with a very good sound (not too loud, but loud enough to sound cool), and excellent performance.:thumbsup: The pipe is very similar to the pipe he previously made for the original HF (blue) 6.5 HP clone, which we have on our other Baja DB-30. He sells it for $ 80.00 + shipping. You can PM him on this forum or email him directly at cthompson37@sbcglobal.net with questions or if you wish to place an order.
Michael

$80? Aren't other companies selling pipes for $40 or less? Isn't the Predator the same as the previous clone with a very slight difference in the flange? What am I missing?

Brooklyn Bob

I have one of his pipes on the blue clone 6.5 and I love it. Good quality and it looks great. You are not going to find a pipe that fits like this for $40.00. I'm glad that there are members on here that have the talent to be able to build and sell such products to the OldMiniBikes members. Thanks Chris for offering us another great product.

I have one of his pipes on the blue clone 6.5 and I love it. Good quality and it looks great. You are not going to find a pipe that fits like this for $40.00. I'm glad that there are members on here that have the talent to be able to build and sell such products to the OldMiniBikes members. Thanks Chris for offering us another great product.
Couldn't agree more. IMO the quality and design of his pipe is nonpareil to any clone/ predator pipes on the market today. Thanks Chris for making my pipe! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I agree the quality looks great. But 80 bucks is almost a whole new motor. Its too pricey, and the muffler isnt threaded its welded on. I like threads. Looks awesome tho..:scooter:

I found a pipe on Ebay for 20 bucks with shipping that is all most the same thing and it works just fine. I have to agree that 80 bucks is too much and he welded the muffler on. Once it burns out, and it will, you have to buy a new one.

Thanks Michael and Bob for the compliments I'm glad you are enjoying the exhaust I made for you

and thanks everyone else for thier constructive criticism. Of course you can buy a pipe cheaper but I haven't seen one like mine.........anywhere

I have almost $45 in materials alone (not to mention the time to cut, fit, weld, grind, smooth, sandblast and paint) to build these headers so if you can get the same thing for $20 with free shipping buy me one

got to give my 2 cents. heres pics of CJTMINI flange vs. the ebay 16dollar one. (note the predator head and D port) The 16 dollar one has no muffler, threads, header brace, No "D" port flange and appears to be very short/loud. I guess you get what u pay for in both cases. compare:

Last edited:
Previously posted by metalhead100: "Brute Power Pipes are way cheaper... sorry..."
No need to apologize metalhead100, as that is a true statement, HOWEVER...
There is no way you can equate the two pipes. If ever there was an "apples and oranges" comparison, this is it! I would categorize the Brute pipe as an "entry level" header, as opposed to Chris's pipe which is an "upgraded" or "advanced" header, and really and truly a work of art. He takes real pride in his work and it shows.
Prior to putting the CJTMINI pipe on our Predator we were running the Brute pipe (a left over from our original HF (blue) clone before it had a CJTMINI pipe upgrade). We had to do as this was all we had as we had already made the carb and air filter mods. After installing Chris's pipe the PERFORMANCE gain was immediately noticeable over the Brute pipe (I'm estimating at least 1/2 HP). I'm no exhaust technology expert, but I believe that it has to do with the improved (and superior) exhaust "scavenging" effect of CJTMININ's pipe over the "cheap" pipes.
Hey, I fully understand that Chris's pipe may not be in everyone's budget! The intent of my post was simply to inform members who may wish to upgrade to a high-quality pipe, that Chris now has them ready for shipment.
Michael

It's a fine product I even copied for my old black-n-blue DB I liked it so much. I was too cheap to buy one but had to have one so I welded a cool can with tailpipe I had onto a header. I'd almost buy one next time for the trouble and expense I went through but did have that "done it myself" feeling which is worth a lot. If I made them for sale the price would be higher than the CJTMINI stuff for sure, the pipe is a damn good deal for the $.:thumbsup:

I like Chris' header. Better material and craftsmanship. More money but worth it IMHO. Hope to order one in the near future.

It's nice to have multiple people offering parts for the DB. Gives us choices. Both headers have their places.

He said' "show me a 20 dollar pipe and I'll....." I showed him. I have both the inexpensive, and a real tuned pipe. I can tell no difference between the two as per performance.
Neither leaks at the gasket. As I said I had to weld on an adapter for the muffler. So what? It was a 1.29 part and a couple of pennies in electricity.
You can get a real nice working 5 HP engine for 80 bucks,shipped.
If the pipe was stainless steel I can see the price.

Yeah, I guess if someone has no fabrication or welding capabilities, or isn't near a shop that can do it, spending $80 on a pipe may be an alternative, but for someone like us that can do this stuff, $80 isn't happening for a pipe.