Cleaning or stripping the frame...

Is there a preffered way of doing this? Products? I understand having it chemicaly dipped is an option. What type of outfit offers this service and whats the rough cost?

Thanks Guys!

Oldsalt

Here is my advice:

If you have a sander with a wire 'cup brush' use it first for all the areas that you can easily get too. BE CAREFULL. Then use regular ol' paint remover to get the rest. That's the fastest way and the cheatest way. USE RUBBER GLOVES. To get it stripped requires two trips to the stripper. It could take at least three or four days to get your parts back. And a healthy fee to pay. If you don't have a way to power wire brush the parts simply coat them with a heavy layer of paint remover and put all the parts inside a big yard leaf bag. The paint will be pretty much falling off the next morning.

MINI-MATIC

CONSIDER HAVEING THE FRAME GLASS BEAD BLASTED.I'VE ALWAYS HAVE HAD MY FRAMES BLASTED FOR NO MORE $25.00.THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS,IS YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THE WORK,SECONDLY,IF YOU CHEMICALLY STRIP A FRAME,BESIDES THE MESS!!:thumbdown:,YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ANY RUST:sadcrying4:,WHICH MOST OF THE TIME IS PRESENT ON FRAMES.:smile: