clone cylinder head

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
winter will be here soon, and i will be tearing the motor down, looking to just get a complete done up head, AGK? Or NR ?

korndog

I would get a head from a guy who races them every weekend on mini bikes and whoops everybody's ass. But that's just me. There are at least two guys on this board who are mini bike racers and experts on heads; MDB and Pro69nova. I would go with whatever they tell ya.

oh yea, just to add as a reference. Using the agk head with the tiny 28.5mm big valve intake my motor has only been able to turn a max rpm of 9400 rpms. That's all. Just a mild cruiser, great for checking the mail tho. :thumbsup:

-off topic- Sorry jprice, it's brief.

Yeah, there are some kids making good power with the AGK heads at the drags too.
Noticed your stroker build project. Looks like a lot of planning going into it. Interested in seeing the end result. Have a feeling that it will turn out to be a mean machine (good power). Good luck with that.

Noticed your stroker build project. Looks like a lot of planning going into it. Interested in seeing the end result. Have a feeling that it will turn out to be a mean machine (good power). Good luck with that.
Yeah, getting some real good stuff in PM's from some of the fast guys on 4cycle; and of course the local OldMiniBikes guys.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Olajoe, you should know that RPM is mainly gearing, especially in kart racing. I remember OldAsDirt bragging about his ported stock valve head allowing him to turn 9600 RPM. That's very well and good. But he is also running 6.0 ratio gearing, short kart tires, and a 150 pound guy on the kart.

The motor Korndog is talking about that I run only turns 8800 RPM. But with me on it at 260 pounds, and a 3.5 gear ratio. Now even at that ratio, I can never put a guy on my bike lighter than 200 pounds. If I do the motor will rev up to high and blow up.

On this latest video I'm racing a guy that is over 100 pounds lighter than me. He has a motor built by me with a ported stock size valve head. And it turns about 8000 RPM with 14/46 gearing, 3.29 ratio. On this video I'm doing 83mph, and he is doing about 82.5mph.

YouTube - MDB -vs- the "Punisher"(Johny Jokey).

The reason I say I had a 1/2 mph on him is because I very slowly pulled away as the distance went by. And they can only radar the guy in front.

I remember OldAsDirt bragging about his ported stock valve head allowing him to turn 9600 RPM. That's very well and good. But he is also running 6.0 ratio gearing, short kart tires, and a 150 pound guy on the kart.
Man i thought he was still working on that little turbo of a beast. If he can get that thing to stay together lap after lap that old timer got to be using some pretty good stuff. Not trying to take away sales from anybody. Let me rephrase my earlier comment. I have heads from each, Shane, Russ, and Charles. Each head works well depending on the combo of parts and how well the motor is dialed in. Hope this helps......Btw i saw that video either on yours or solo's you tube. Look like some real close racing.

Last edited:

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com

No problem olajoe its all good!

:hack::hack:
winter will be here soon, and i will be tearing the motor down, looking to just get a complete done up head, AGK? Or NR ?
Cheaper ways ,If your handy take your head to a machine shop ,and have it shaved down 60-80 thousanths,about $30.00,set of springs and retainers,clay and eyebrow the piston tops,and you will be shitin and gettin.:hack: