clone governor

Should be completely removed. There are parts inside that will fall out if the arm swings free and the arm may come in contact with crank

Ratbike

Can you just remove the arm from the governor and rig the throttle or does it have to come completely out
You can make a wire to replace the spring that pulls on the governor arm to open the throttle. The wire will not allow the governor to close the throttle as the spring does. I've done this on my last ten clones with absolutely no problems...I would suggest no long periods of wide open throttle! You will throw a rod if you do. A billet rod will prevent this.:hammer::scooter:

it's still a better idea to remove the components instead of rigging it. it's easy enough to do so i don't see a reason not too. it will also help you become a bit more familiar with the internals of one of these motors.

You can make a wire to replace the spring that pulls on the governor arm to open the throttle. The wire will not allow the governor to close the throttle as the spring does. I've done this on my last ten clones with absolutely no problems...I would suggest no long periods of wide open throttle! You will throw a rod if you do. A billet rod will prevent this.:hammer::scooter:
I might just do this. Ive been using it for a while now with the governor and it isnt doing it for me. It remove it but its a pain to take out my motor. Maybe when i get more oil and a day

Ratbike,

Do you have a picture of how you rigged the wire (instead of the spring) on the governor arm? I want to try this first temporarily, before I tackle opening it up and removing all the governor parts.

Thanks!

bandit 40

Ratbike,

Do you have a picture of how you rigged the wire (instead of the spring) on the governor arm? I want to try this first temporarily, before I tackle opening it up and removing all the governor parts.

Thanks!
Its simple:smile: go to" Clone Governor Removal " on You Tube and watch the video you cant make a mistake its that easy it is a step by step Video.
And yes like Strigoi said this will familiarize you with the internal parts on your engine,and you can reuse the gasket:thumbsup:give it a try....