arc rod
new wrist pin and c clips

will the following mods make sense and work well
1.2 rockers w/laser cut giude plate
18# springs?? or do I need 26#
ss valves ,lash caps and retainer set
"265 lift drop in cam

Last edited:
While you have the head off, to put the valves in, get it shaved about .055 to .060" (to the first cooling fin) and clean up the ports.

Compression helps
I would mill less and use a flat top piston if that's an option.

I have no experience with milling the heads but I hear they can crack when milled excessively.

Compression helps
I would mill less and use a flat top piston if that's an option.

I have no experience with milling the heads but I hear they can crack when milled excessively.

Thats why I say to go no further then the first fin. On my clone head it was .055". I did this with a flat top and decked block and it gave me about 11.2 to 1. But yes the flat top is a good choice, and while your doing that throw in some file fit rings! More compression will give you more power everywhere.

.05 to .06 is a lot of material to remove from the head but John says he wants to use the 265 regrind. I need to measure the lobes and actualy check the valve geometry of this can with stock head, but if I had the head and wanted to mill I would go that way but with a real Honda head to be sure that its structuraly sound for that compression. A lot of heat and presure above 11:1 and then someone takes a dye grinder to the ports, seems to me that a smaller combustion chamber is a safer way to go for compression.

Again ZERO experince with a milled clone head though.
I found I can get 14cc heads for next to nothing.