Clutch sprocket?

it'll be easier to get the rear sprocket adapter and some split sprockets. you can't go too much bigger though because you'll hit on left hand turns. you don't want to go much over an 80t rear sprocket.

you will lose top speed doing this though.

If you Can go down to an 11 t front sprocket if yours is larger. Most newer db already have the 11 t front. You cant use a 5/8 #35 because the stock shaft is metric and they have a different pitch.
I waiting no one makes a10t that will work.
If they did your could remove the ring clip from the clutch bell housing and pull the sprocket out of the bell.
Yeah, I have just found a plan to build my own js

I dont know why you guys dont try a 3 or 3.5 briggs in your DBs, You can still use small displacement and have dead reliable honest HP. My 7yo duagter had a DB that will flat run and hide from a 2.8 powered one and may even run down a jackshaft equipped one if I swap the 66 rear sprocket for a 70. It has no governor and has gone 35mph with me on it. All this 2.8 stuff kills me. I paid $15 for one and $10 for another old edger and with very little work the old briggs came to life. Hers is powered by a 1976 3hp edger engine, edgers live good lives for the most part and can be had cheap, Just watch for short shaft engines. The older ones all had 2 1/4" x 5/8" shafts and those are the easiest to score. I have newer ones and older ones, they all will live on minibikes!:thumbsup:

I know I am waiting til the snow melts so I can find an old 5hp briggs I have lying around, but I have to rebuild it first. So in the mean time I am trying to get all I can outa my 2.8hp. Besides, I have a baja heat with a clone and jackshaft ( I rebuilt the bike from a total basket case with no motor) and I am building a go kart powered by a 1953 Briggs Iron block, 6hp. So I have alot to ride in the mean time.

Also modding the 2.8hp reminds me of when some of the earliest hot rodders were puting speed parts on the ford 4-bangers, when they could run a flathead or a early hemi, or a chevy (I can't believe i said that! I hate chevy!). :scooter:

We have one doodle bug with the stock 2.8. It runs 33mph with the 70t rear and 11t front. I'm sure the bike would run well over 35mph with a 66t rear.
There is a 3.5 Briggs, on a heavier bike frame, in the neighborhood that tops out about the same as my sons stocker. When they race it's very close from a dead stop, start However when they go up small hills in the grass I notice the Briggs pulls much better.
I would like to have one bike with a 3.5 Briggs because I had one as a kid. It would be great for other kids or adults to ride.
Im going to fill up the garage with mini's we live outside the city and have great places to ride.
I dont know why you guys dont try a 3 or 3.5 briggs in your DBs, You can still use small displacement and have dead reliable honest HP. My 7yo duagter had a DB that will flat run and hide from a 2.8 powered one and may even run down a jackshaft equipped one if I swap the 66 rear sprocket for a 70. It has no governor and has gone 35mph with me on it. All this 2.8 stuff kills me. I paid $15 for one and $10 for another old edger and with very little work the old briggs came to life. Hers is powered by a 1976 3hp edger engine, edgers live good lives for the most part and can be had cheap, Just watch for short shaft engines. The older ones all had 2 1/4" x 5/8" shafts and those are the easiest to score. I have newer ones and older ones, they all will live on minibikes!:thumbsup: