Clutches...

Is it true the the 97cc takes a metric clutch and a 3/4 will not work?
Did you think supernova was fibbing? We had this conversation by PM when I offered you a cleaned and reconditioned one or one off my yellow one which worked perfectly for $25 shipped! And a free air cleaner assembly with element too? WOW:blink::blink::blink::blink:

There are bushing that will make a 5/8ths into a3/4ths--still you'd have to boar, hone, or turn the little bit extra to make 5/8ths to metric. There is only two things that would be a good reason to do such a thing-you have a 3/4's clutch, no 5/8ths and so you bush the 3/4ths-- or you want to put a torque-a-verter on a small motor--now there's a good reason.

I must say, after several PMs. And I'm being conservative here, I am offended that this guy had to ask the question. I spent a good 20 minutes of my life fielding PMs trying to help a fellow member out, and offered a heck of a deal to boot.:eek:ut:

A man can't get a second opinion??? :hammer:
OK yeah I over-reacted, but we had the talk about the clutches for some time today and one look at my photos would tell you this aint my 1st rodeo. The search feature would have answered your question but you are new so my bad. I hope my offer to send the items for actual shipping will patch the thing up. It's been a long day and like I always do I apologize for the post. :thumbsup:

OK yeah I over-reacted, but we had the talk about the clutches for some time today and one look at my photos would tell you this aint my 1st rodeo. The search feature would have answered your question but you are new so my bad. I hope my offer to send the items for actual shipping will patch the thing up. It's been a long day and like I always do I apologize for the post. :thumbsup:

uh....no
In other words, I agree with your original post about "WHY WOULD YOU NEED A SECOND OPINION"?

Last edited:
Gotta help the new guys, it is trying sometimes. Required reading of all the stickys covering all the little glitches and commonly asked questions would be ideal but Hent's got his hands full as it is. All good though, it's tough for me to understand why they ever made such a clutch around a less than adequate engine. The fact a replacement can only be had in an odd size is stupid. That's back assward :chinese: engineering for ya! If Baja had someone from here as a technical adviser to repower the new DB with something that would be reliable as our beloved 6.5s. Like the greyhound 2.5ohv for example, it's a good little mill and were the new DB or the old ones for that matter were initially equipped with such an engine their sales would go up and returns would be few and far between. And the clutch could be replaced with a $27 OldMiniBikes warehouse max torque rather than a metric POS made for one engine only. Yeah that would be too easy, they wouldn't want to sell more minibikes and have less complaints and returns.:eek:ut:

Not all aspects of the DB are flawed, just the engines but some guys like em. My DB and my son's have chinese clone engines and they run like the devil. Since I had several 3hp briggs I put one on my daughter's which does run well. The bikes are great but you gotta make it great. Takes very little really.