Coleman 200 sqeaky brake

CarPlayLB

The shoes may be glazed over. Pull the brake out and lightly sand the shoes. A little brake grease on the pivot won't cure the squeely, but will be good for its operation!

SAS289

Yes. And I would sand the contact point in the drum with 400 grit then wash it out with some brake cleaner on a rag.

One of the many things I did to my Coleman before it was ridden was to lightly grease the contact and pivot points of those brake shoes including the spring contact points.

Too bad these didn't come with a disc brake. That drum brake design has been around for decades.

Last edited:
There were some upgraded pads (shoes) people were putting in there. I'll see if I can find out the brand and model. They said they had good results.

EDIT-----

EBC Grooved Brake Shoes 304G

A guy on that CT200U Facebook group got those and said they worked.
I light try some on my CT200U since I just got a Hemi Predator and TAV2 clone. Attempting an install..

This forum still won't let me post links. I tried to put in a link to the ebay listing. Oh well.

Last edited:
Test

I think I needed 5 posts.

edit---
Well I have 5 posts and they still won't let me post a link. Oh well

The following errors occurred with your submission

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

Last edited:
Those are the correct shoes for all the Chinese drum brake bikes. Baja Warriors and Coleman CT200U's. They are a little tight to install initially but work far better than the original brakes ever did. Just a better quality material and built for a much faster more aggressive riding style bike. Money well spent on a Coleman or a Baja.

Just make sure to sand all the glaze off the drum and clean it spotless before you assemble it. Use White Lithium grease on the pivots and the contact points and enjoy the new brakes.

I like to bevel the leading edge of the shoe at a 45 degree angle. Just don't go all the way down to the metal with the angle. You just want to relieve it half the thickness of the lining. If you aren't sure which edge to bevel doing both ends wont hurt anything.

Doug

Last edited: