Coleman CT200u

looking good.

Hey Kacz, your CT200U looks awesome! :thumbsup: I just got one from BJ's wholesale. Can you list some details of what you've done so far? A " how to" with pics would be awesome.

I wanted to try to get a flywheel with coils to generate some electric power for a head light, wonder if the one from the Baja MB200 could be fitted?

Last edited:
Bringing this back, has anyone tried installing a Baja front suspension on the Coleman?

I want to install a different handle bar but I would need a triple tree to do so. Anyone change the handle bars yet?

Not a bad thought TAA. Those Baja forks might work, that idea is worth checking further into.

I'd been considering just taking mine into a local weld shop and have them add a few inches height and width to the stock bars. The grips are always hitting my knees in tight turns. There is some slack in all the factory cables but if i go to where i want them i'll probably have to get longer ones. I've gone all year with no mods done to my bike but figure this winter may be a good time to get started.

if you guys come up with something, I'd like to hear it. I've been wanting to put some type of shock absorber front fork suspension on my CT200U as well.

Not a bad thought TAA. Those Baja forks might work, that idea is worth checking further into.

I'd been considering just taking mine into a local weld shop and have them add a few inches height and width to the stock bars. The grips are always hitting my knees in tight turns. There is some slack in all the factory cables but if i go to where i want them i'll probably have to get longer ones. I've gone all year with no mods done to my bike but figure this winter may be a good time to get started.
I tried to locate the Baja front fork but they have been recalled. Parts are not available for the forks. I might consider cutting off the handles after the mount. Installing risers and a new style bar. I will have to wait till Monday to see what you mean about hitting the knees. From the looks of it, the bars look high. I don't like the look of the ape bars and these remind me of them. I am going for the cafe racer look, straight across bars.
image.jpg

if you guys come up with something, I'd like to hear it. I've been wanting to put some type of shock absorber front fork suspension on my CT200U as well.
I was looking into making a triple tree design with shocks for this. The only problem I foresee is the wheels/tire is Wide. If I use a motorcycle triple tree it might look oversized. The pocket bikes triple tree is narrow for narrow tire. Any thoughts or ideas?

yes, I've added the Tav2 30 Torque converter. my post is in the CT200u Group section on how I did it. I had to cut that lower support off (chain guard support bar). I've seen pictures where other members welded it back in, in a different position. I left mine off, and no difference in performance/stability yet. I've bought a 1" think aluminum plate to raise the motor up, and ground out the unused oil fill in the back of the motor.

The Comet TAV fit right in after those mods. I was even able to reuse the chain that came with the CT200u.

Motor is still stock ATM. but it went from about 18MPH to 38MPH.
Soooo glad I spent the time to install it. I'm much happier with it since I added the TAV.
I do take it off road a little, and it's got plenty of pulling power to take my 225 lb arse up hills... lol

Last edited:
yes, I've added the Tav2 30 Torque converter. my post is in the CT200u Group section on how I did it. I had to cut that lower support off (chain guard support bar). I've seen pictures where other members welded it back in, in a different position. I left mine off, and no difference in performance/stability yet. I've bought a 1" think aluminum plate to raise the motor up, and ground out the unused oil fill in the back of the motor.

The Comet TAV fit right in after those mods. I was even able to reuse the chain that came with the CT200u.

Motor is still stock ATM. but it went from about 18MPH to 38MPH.
Soooo glad I spent the time to install it. I'm much happier with it since I added the TAV.
I do take it off road a little, and it's got plenty of pulling power to take my 225 lb arse up hills... lol
I saw someone on you tube post a video with that support cut. Was that you ?
I see that's the only way because that pully need 3" space from the shaft over.

I've never done any video's or posted any pics.

Yes, there is actually a CT200U group. Not very active with only 2 members though...:smile:

Where is that, I wanna join. Send a link... So today I installed the OldMiniBikes air filter but the bike hesitates now which it never did. It does clear up but it does that when you first give gas. Also I noticed my studs in the carb were too long. So when installing the OldMiniBikes nuts, the Allen key would hit the stud when snug. But it was still loose, so I found some rubber washers and dropped them in and then installed the nuts. Now I was able to tighten the nuts without the Allen key hitting the studs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone removed the flywheel yet? I am curious to know if there is a hole for a starter and holes for the charging coil. Since I can't find the front fork I am considering the electric start. Anyone????