Comet Tav 2 vs PMR Jackshaft Kit

CarPlayLB

Hands down TAV2!
Low end torque and overdrive! Love mine! I also have bikes with jackshafts that are okay, but once you use a TAV you will never look back

CarPlayLB

I may not be the right guy to ask, but you need to give more info like what motor, what size chain, and what size tire are you running. Once of the "smart" guys will chime in!

I may not be the right guy to ask, but you need to give more info like what motor, what size chain, and what size tire are you running. Once of the "smart" guys will chime in!
I have a hf 212 I'm trying to get a good understanding of what the Tav does. If was to put one on my bike as it is (stock Db and 212) would it make my top speed go from 25 mph to 35 mph does or will it take off faster? :shrug:

joshua. c.

in general on a stock motor with a govenor a torque converter will give you a faster take off and a higher top speed than a centrifugal clutch but if you pull the govenor and modifie the engine for more power it may limit the top end some not allowing the engine to rev as high as it can. if you race two identicle bikes both with the same engines ungoverned and modified for more power. the bike with the torque converter will get off the line and reach its top end much faster that a centrifugal clutch but the centrifugal clutch will eventualy catch up and pass the bike with the torque converter. if the bikes both had stock governed engines the torque converter will leave the centrifugal clutch in the dust every time.

in general on a stock motor with a govenor a torque converter will give you a faster take off and a higher top speed than a centrifugal clutch but if you pull the govenor and modifie the engine for more power it may limit the top end some not allowing the engine to rev as high as it can. if you race two identicle bikes both with the same engines ungoverned and modified for more power. the bike with the torque converter will get off the line and reach its top end much faster that a centrifugal clutch but the centrifugal clutch will eventualy catch up and pass the bike with the torque converter. if the bikes both had stock governed engines the torque converter will leave the centrifugal clutch in the dust every time.
Koo I get it man thanks:thumbsup: