Cool finned aluminum tanks for mini bikes (above frame mount)

Saw these and thought I would share. Cool and old school looking. Seem to be well made.
Bit pricey but not much more than a spin aluminum tank.

Mini bike fuel tank gas tank finned aluminum AS0446R-kit | Performance Small Engine Parts For Go Karts & Mini Bikes By Aussiespeed

Dan
Be real careful on this one.. I ordered one of those tanks from those folks and never received it.. Couple months went by and getting a reply from them was a chore at best. I finally did a Paypal case and got my money back...
I think there is a fella on Ebay out of Texas selling them too.. maybe he has some over here on this dirt mound.. LOL

I don't like the fuel tanks as much as some of their other parts; if I were to buy one of their fuel tanks, I would treat it with a liner/sealer product since cast aluminum is porous. I've thought that a hemi Predator with a finned valve cover and clutch cover would look pretty cool; could add the finned top plate but I don't much like the look of top plates. I think the small finned air cleaner top could be mounted to the recoil housing to add some fins on that side. I specified the hemi because the rectangular valve cover looks better to me, but they have a non-hemi valve cover, too. Obviously, all of those parts would add up to a good chunk of money, just for cosmetics.

You have to weld the mounting bosses and petcock bung onto the tank and it's $249, not for me that's for sure. On the Aussie Speed website they are $199, still too high for a minibike fuel tank IMO.

No welding required; there are 3 threaded holes in the bottom. Starts at $139 (without fittings).

tank-as0446-underside.jpg

Mini bike fuel tank gas tank finned aluminum AS0446R | Performance Small Engine Parts For Go Karts & Mini Bikes By Aussiespeed

Mini bike fuel tank gas tank finned aluminum AS0446R-kit | Performance Small Engine Parts For Go Karts & Mini Bikes By Aussiespeed

Mini bike fuel tank gas tank finned aluminum AS0446p-kit | Performance Small Engine Parts For Go Karts & Mini Bikes By Aussiespeed

Third one is polished.

I like the engine parts but the tank doesn't do much for me. A finned aluminum TAV cover would be cool (they don't make one, from what I've seen), but it would be expensive; probably as much as the tank.

No welding required; there are 3 threaded holes in the bottom. Starts at $139 (without fittings).

View attachment 104112

Mini bike fuel tank gas tank finned aluminum AS0446R | Performance Small Engine Parts For Go Karts & Mini Bikes By Aussiespeed

Mini bike fuel tank gas tank finned aluminum AS0446p-kit | Performance Small Engine Parts For Go Karts & Mini Bikes By Aussiespeed

Third one is polished.

I like the engine parts but the tank doesn't do much for me. A finned aluminum TAV cover would be cool (they don't make one, from what I've seen), but it would be expensive; probably as much as the tank.
I see it now, it appeared that they were just holes. Still way too much $ for a fuel tank for me.