Craftsman mower, Tecumseh engine throttle linkage reassembly woes

I have a Craftsman mower, model number 917 37929, with a Tecumseh engine. I recently pulled the carb off to clean it up, reassembled and now am having issues getting the throttle linkage put back together. It has the dual system carburetor (fixed idle and mixture) and the throttle (two settings slow and fast) lever on the side of the carb. Problem is now when I try to reassemble the throttle linkage, the throttle hangs open as I bolt the lever assembly down on the carb. I'm fairly certain that I have the governor link and throttle links hooked up correctly, but I just can't seem to get it back together. It looks like the governor spring may be a little stretched, but the thing is acting like the throttle link is too short. Very strange.
Can't seem to find any solutions online, hoping someone can help me figure out what I'm over looking.

Got a reply on another forum, turns out the governor will close the throttle as soon as the engine is fired up, I didn't even consider that as I put 'er back together. Thanks for the diagrams, though!

mybiz

carb

Got a reply on another forum, turns out the governor will close the throttle as soon as the engine is fired up, I didn't even consider that as I put 'er back together. Thanks for the diagrams, though!
guess i should have read what you wrote a little better thats right once every thing gets to turning you butterfly will close:doah::thumbsup: