Craigslist Doodlebug/Rivet/Dirtbug/Viper finds

jimmyp

over the summer i got 2 doodlebugs from craigaslist for $100 for the pair they were only 4 months old and one of the crashed one and bent the bars prety bad so momma said get rid of them now! my gain :thumbsup:

over the summer i got 2 doodlebugs from craigaslist for $100 for the pair they were only 4 months old and one of the crashed one and bent the bars prety bad so momma said get rid of them now! my gain :thumbsup:
Sweet! Moms are probably the worst enemies of these bikes. Can you imagine the Dad's face when the bike got wrecked after hours of "Come on honey, what can possibly go wrong with mini bikes?":scared:

Indianapolis area I see lots of MB165's(heats, warriors) for 400+ :shrug:.

Over the summer I found a warrior that a kid had crashed and parked. I picked it up for 75, fixed the forks with the 2x4 trick, and replaced the motor with a HF6.5 for 99. Been watching CL ever since for another deal like that. :scooter:

uunder what section on craigslist do you guys usualy search under to find these???:confused:
When you first pull up Craigslist, there is a box on the left hand side which searches all of Craigslist. I just type in "mini bike". I think it then pops up with a search screen where you can filter price, if it has a picture etc.

I just found a like new yellow DB on CL for $250 :eek:ut:, I can buy them all day long at a local TSC store for $200 ( old style ). I just sent him a message offering him $125, I told him he could keep the motor also.

uunder what section on craigslist do you guys usualy search under to find these???:confused:
I tend to use this term under the "motorcycles" category:

Code:
minibike | "mini bike" | "mini-bike"
Pipes (|) give you "or" searches, and minus (-) are negative terms get rid of results with that keyword. Our Craig's List has a serious problem with people keyword spamming, especially in the motorcycle category, so using negative terms eliminates all sorts of garbage ATV and dirt bike listings. Also, people tend to list pocket bikes as "mini bike" or "pocket rocket", but rarely if ever is a minibike listed with "pocket" bike in the description. This query usually gives much more specific results, and is good for searching all categories:

Code:
minibike | "mini bike" | "mini-bike" -pocket -rocket -chopper -honda -kawasaki -yamaha -suzuki
This next one would be a more specific search to include variations of "doodlebug", and the same could be applied to other keywords (i.e. bonanza, rupp, etc).

Code:
minibike | "mini bike" | "mini-bike" | doodlebug | "doodle bug" | db30 | dirtbug | "dirt bug" -pocket -rocket -chopper -honda -kawasaki -yamaha -suzuki
Pro Tip: If anyone uses an RSS reader, you can scroll to the bottom of the page in any search get the RSS feed and have results delivered right to you as they are posted.

uunder what section on craigslist do you guys usualy search under to find these???

I find them under the motorcycle section.

Any other sections I dont know about?

Lucky find. Everything around here is "I got $700 invested, and I'm asking $600" All I want is a used bike or just a frame for $100 or less, but nooooooooo.