CT200U-EX front suspension upgrade

jbonez

Hey Guys,

Recently just picked up a CT200U-EX for dirt cheap, rough condition but I just mainly wanted it for the frame since I plan to fully strip, paint, rebuild etc etc.

The front shocks have some rust on it and instead of restoring them I wanted to see if there is any upgraded shock kits I can get instead of the stock option. Can anyone point me in the right direction if there is an upgrade?

SAS289

I doubt that anyone sells "upgraded" shocks for these bikes. Besides, what's there to upgrade, the spring and a different viscosity of oil?

I'm sure there are some guys who have upgraded. But they built their own triple tree and used larger dirt bike shocks.

A telescopic fork, simplified and not including male slider forks (AKA: inverted fork, AKA: upside-down fork / USD fork):
A bike has one fork, a fork has two stanchions, each stanchion is comprised of a tube and a slider (AKA: lower), the stanchions are typically mounted in two triple clamps (AKA: yokes), the complete component is a fork.

DaddyJohn

A telescopic fork, simplified and not including male slider forks (AKA: inverted fork, AKA: upside-down fork / USD fork):
A bike has one fork, a fork has two stanchions, each stanchion is comprised of a tube and a slider (AKA: lower), the stanchions are typically mounted in two triple clamps (AKA: yokes), the complete component is a fork.
You didn’t make any mention of legs and trees, lol…;)

Hey Guys,

Recently just picked up a CT200U-EX for dirt cheap, rough condition but I just mainly wanted it for the frame since I plan to fully strip, paint, rebuild etc etc.

The front shocks have some rust on it and instead of restoring them I wanted to see if there is any upgraded shock kits I can get instead of the stock option. Can anyone point me in the right direction if there is an upgrade?
Using a caliper, measure the OD of the fork tube. With the fork extended, measure the distance from the center of the axle to the top of the fork tube. If you want a longer fork, add the desired additional length. Search for Japanese dirt bikes with the dimensions needed. Mount the dirt bike stanchions in the OEM Coleman triple clamps. Adapt the Coleman wheel to the fork or vice versa. Another option would be to use the entire dirt bike fork and wheel, adapt fork to fit frame or vice versa.

Edit: The stanchions can be longer than needed if there is clearance for the tubes to protrude through/above the upper triple clamp.

Last edited: