Curiosity killed the cat!

I'm here to try to find out any info on a frame my kids brought home recently. They said they could see it in the woods while riding on the school bus. Curiosity killed the cat! Now I'm unsure what we should even do with the dang thing! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

I'm here to try to find out any info on a frame my kids brought home recently. They said they could see it in the woods while riding on the school bus. Curiosity killed the cat! Now I'm unsure what we should even do with the dang thing! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
It's a Baja Warrior or Baja Heat frame.
MB165 or MB200.

20230219_141008.jpg 20230217_161813.jpg

Aha! Thank you! Any idea as to how much it would cost to restore it or at least fix it up so that it runs? My two boys that brought it home are 12 and 7... So I already know it would be me to foot the bill on it. And possibly just end up being a project left for Mom (me) to mostly complete! And Lord knows I have enough unfinished projects around my house! Ha!

Aha! Thank you! Any idea as to how much it would cost to restore it or at least fix it up so that it runs? My two boys that brought it home are 12 and 7... So I already know it would be me to foot the bill on it. And possibly just end up being a project left for Mom (me) to mostly complete! And Lord knows I have enough unfinished projects around my house! Ha!
To be honest, it's gonna add up more then a new one will cost.

It's missing quiet a bit of important parts.

Jus getting the correct bolts and nuts to put it together will be a hassle.

The parts are fairly cheap and still plenty available, but the cost will probably be more then 2 new cheaper small Colemans.

My youngest son found the red one for $50, jus by luck. A $12 carb and lil elbow grease and it was up and running.

Your frame looks to be a later model, with the gusset up under the neck tube.

Inspect it really good for small cracks. Small unseen cracks will lead to somebody getting hurt.
Those frames get beat on pretty good, and they will get cracked.

You might wanna ask for some used parts in the classified section. You never know what kinda good junk people's got laying around, lol.

Good luck, there's plenty of good people here willing to help.

SAS289

I don't think it would be worth restoring. Reminds me of years of looking for a good roller to start with. I ended up just getting a couple of Amazon returned Colemans.

Nice to see that your boys are interested. None of my three were and still don't care to ride what we have. My daughter seemed more interested than the boys.

@Lady Flores

I'm not trying to detour you away from your restore or build, but here's a really good deal for a NEW mini that kids could learn on.

The adjustable handle bars are nice for the boys to grow into.

The engine is not a massive power house by any means, but a 100cc engine will pull my 200# butt around on flat level ground.

I felt like an elephant riding a beach ball, but that's probably what made it so fun, lol.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oryxeart...ke-Brand-New-105CC-4-Stroke-Racing/3447560354

@Lady Flores

I'm not trying to detour you away from your restore or build, but here's a really good deal for a NEW mini that kids could learn on.

The adjustable handle bars are nice for the boys to grow into.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oryxeart...ke-Brand-New-105CC-4-Stroke-Racing/3447560354
I second that.

@Lady Flores I know $487 is a good bit of money. Try to view it this way...your children sound interested in mini bikes. If you could swing the new one, they would have a bike that provides them with immediate fun, and less frustration than searching down so many parts.

And, you can ride it too. Mini bike's are the ultimate therapy for us grownups...every ride brings a smile !

Keep us posted.

And @Lady Flores welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum !

colt 1911

put it out on the curb for $20

bruces

Financially ,every reply above makes perfect sense .But ,I was a young fellow once ,who fortunately had a father who had some tools ,and he saw that I had the interest and some ability to take things apart ,and put them back together again .My family was fed for many years by my interest and ability to repair items just like your kids mini bike ,and I learned a great deal of that by finding a piece of “junk” just like your boys dragged home ,and figuring out how it worked ,what I needed ,and where to get the parts and how to pay for the parts .I was able to sell my shop at 35 ,retire ,and do as I please ,while my own kids were not even in high school .That was before the internet ,which has made a project like that much much easier .
Sometimes ,a project like that ,might be a priceless opportunity for a young fellow or two ,even if it doesn’t make financial sense on the surface .

Last edited:
This will probably get me flamed but I'm going to mention an alternative. For $299, currently, you can get a ONEBOT S2 e-bike, that's 50% off of retail. Unlike minibikes, e-bikes are street-legal. I have an S2 on the way from ONEBOT. The S1 and S2 will do 15.5+/- mph on throttle only, faster on pedal assist if one can peddle fast enough. I already have an S1 and a Polarna M6 Pro (a much larger, much more powerful/faster, full-suspension e-bike). There are YouTube videos showing a button-press sequence that's supposed to unlock settings to provide 20-21 mph throttle-only speeds for the S1 and S2 but I haven't tried it, I have the M6 Pro that can do around 35 mph on throttle only if I want to go faster. I have minibikes and e-bikes. I can tinker with the minibikes but, in this area, I couldn't ride one on the street for very long before getting busted. My house sits on 4 city lots but ripping around the yard on a gas-powered minibike would quickly rile up the neighbors. I can ride the e-bikes without disturbing people or getting popped by Johnny Law. Minibikes are great if you live someplace where you can enjoy them, e-bikes are a better choice for city dwellers. Obviously, with two boys, you'll need two bikes! Don't forget helmets, preferably full-face. There are well-ventilated full-face bicycle helmets in kid sizes

ONEBOT S2 on Amazon

ONEBOT S2 on ONEBOT site

ONEBOT S-Series

Fly Racing Youth Rayce Helmet