Cylinder Sleaves for a 5hp Flatty

Anybody know if Briggs & Stratton have sleaves for the 5hp flatheads? I have 2 blocks that have siezed due to scoring the cylinder and I want to repair them since I have all the parts to build them back up. I talked to a guy at a mcahine shop and he couldn't help me since it was a small engine.

The cost of machining will surpass the value of the motor. Most sleeves use to be about 20-35 bucks. Then once you add a new piston and rings...you get my drift.

I have been searching and searching for an "affordable" I/C block with absolutely no luck at all. In my area they seem to be rarer then hens teeth. I looked around to see about having one sleeved and the cost of the sleeve alone was enough to make me keep looking because by the time you add in machine shop labor and cost for new parts to go with the sleeved block it would be cheaper for me to just keep looking. I have Horstman lighted rod and piston for an I/C but can't find a motor to put it in. :doah:

Here is a link to another site that sells the sleeves, scroll down to about the middle of the page.
Rieken's Racing: Raptor Aftermarket Parts - OUT2WIN.COM
I have a nice raptor carb, and the rod and piston, raptor head, a crane cam, bearing cover and crank, and all the valve train out of the blown up raptor I bought but cant find a block to build with.

Oh one of these days it will all fall into play....I hope!!!

125ccCrazy

I have been searching and searching for an "affordable" I/C block with absolutely no luck at all. In my area they seem to be rarer then hens teeth. I looked around to see about having one sleeved and the cost of the sleeve alone was enough to make me keep looking because by the time you add in machine shop labor and cost for new parts to go with the sleeved block it would be cheaper for me to just keep looking. I have Horstman lighted rod and piston for an I/C but can't find a motor to put it in. :doah:

Here is a link to another site that sells the sleeves, scroll down to about the middle of the page.
Rieken's Racing: Raptor Aftermarket Parts - OUT2WIN.COM
I have a nice raptor carb, and the rod and piston, raptor head, a crane cam, bearing cover and crank, and all the valve train out of the blown up raptor I bought but cant find a block to build with.

Oh one of these days it will all fall into play....I hope!!!
are you looking for a dual bearing or bushing block?

I lucked out this summer and picked up an Briggs IC, and after a carb kit and suction tube it was running great, but I have 2 that weren't and they didn't last.

A "Line-boring" machine is used to open up the cylinder to a larger dimension. It's easy to do and the charge should not be as bad as a machine shop. The machine has been around for a very long time and it is made specifically for small engines. One of the machines was on sale last week on Ebay.
It looks like a over-sized drill press.
Over sized parts are out there.

Here is a link to the pistons and over sized pistons at the same place.
Rieken's Racing: Raptor Pistons - OUT2WIN.COM
Don't forget if it is an Alumi-Bore you have to have a chromed piston. I have bought hole motors cheaper than what a new piston costs though. I want to build a motor just so I can say that I built it. Kinda a live and learn type thing and a since of acomplishment.