Daytona 500 Qualifying

T-Town Mini

What did I just see? Can someone explain this qualifying strategy of waiting in the pit lane until the last minute to run only one lap. :eek:ut:

Seems to me the same chance at the pole could've been had by drawing numbers from a hat. :blink:

T-Town Mini

That's the way it happened. It wasn't the fastest car that won the pole...it was just some random car caught in the draft that received the number one starting spot on the grid. It just so happened that Jeff Gordon crossed the line going faster at that time. Good for him but he didn't win it. He was the lucky one.

The knock out qualifying method works for other racing sanctions like Indycar and Formula One, etc. but, Nascar is so dependent on the draft it's not at all representative of who has the fastest car. I see another rule change coming in the near future.

That's the way it happened. It wasn't the fastest car that won the pole...it was just some random car caught in the draft that received the number one starting spot on the grid. It just so happened that Jeff Gordon crossed the line going faster at that time. Good for him but he didn't win it. He was the lucky one.

The knock out qualifying method works for other racing sanctions like Indycar and Formula One, etc. but, Nascar is so dependent on the draft it's not at all representative of who has the fastest car. I see another rule change coming in the near future.
I think you are right , at least at the plate tracks !

It just so happened that Jeff Gordon crossed the line going faster at that time. Good for him but he didn't win it. He was the lucky one.
Nothing against Gordon but he was just the lucky one :doah: I feel bad for Clint Boyer and his team with a torn up car because of Reed Sorenson a "Start and Park" :eek:ut: I don't mind the knock out qualifying but it shouldn't be used at Daytona or Talladega :doah: Nascar thinks it saves time and money :shrug: How many red flags were there and how much money did it save all the teams that wrecked and have to go to back up cars :doah:

125ccCrazy

I lost interest in NASCAR when they let toyota in, Nascar IMO is an American sport, Ford, Chrysler and GM....keep the foreign cars where they belong...

After so many years of being a NASCAR fan it is hard to totally let go but I still set up my DVR to tape the event and delay watching so that I can fast forward through all the commercials and some of the commentary. Just too many changes to the cars like the switch to fuel injection and now the pit stop review center what a garbage way to control every factor of the race. Glad to see that Rodger Penske went back to Ford's and is doing so good with them. TRUE TO THE BLUE OVAL that's me
Steve

Bikerscum

Nascar has gotten so much like professional wrestling I expect to see a folding chair on the back straight.

Now that I've said that I expect Kurt Busch's paid assassin ex girlfriend to come looking for me.