DB30 Farm Rat...

I picked up a nice molested DB30 a couple weeks ago. :laugh: Somebody tried using a rattle can of a different shade of red to "touch up" the paint. They also left the gas cap off so the tanks is literally rusted out.

So last weekend I got back in the shop and got to work. I cut off the original bars and used a pair of old bar clamps that I had lying around to allow me to use whatever bars I want. I ended up making a set of my own similar to a set I saw in The Horse BC.

View attachment 57460
View attachment 57461
View attachment 57462
View attachment 57463
View attachment 57464

That's all I got done so far, but I'll try to get some done this weekend like remove all the reflector and fender brackets and finish the bars and forks so I can do body work and paint. I just wanted to build a rat bike and want to build it before the Keystone because I have all the parts for this bike now and my budget is pretty tight because I bought this...

View attachment 57459

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rob, my old faithful '91 was a high miler so I've been looking for a while. What kinda truck did you buy Rob?

Sure will Tom. :laugh:

Went looking for a Mexican blanket tonight but they were all sold out, gonna have to try again next week.

No I couldn't Vic. :laugh: It only cost me $50 so I can't complain. Ya I'm hoping to be on a bit more now. The winter is usually my best shop working time.