DB30 tire sizes

I saw a picture on the "Lets see your modded out Doodlebugs" thread where someone had lowered the fenders and had a wide set of turf type tires on their DB. I have my frame on the welding table and tried a 13 x 6.50 x 6 tire and that dude is way wide... I was thinking a 15 x 5.00 x 6 or a 15 x 6.00 x 6. I tried the 13 x 6.50 just because I had a pair on the shelf. I am thinking that the 15 x 5.00 is what I need and that the 15 x 6.00 would be to wide for the chain and the brake. I know at least one person has a wide tire combo that works because I saw the pics. Any experience to share guys?

Thanks!!!

I know lots of you folks are running different size tires than came on these things. Come on and share your tire sizes, wheel choices and knowledge of what will or will not work for everyone's benefit...

My son's DB30 has a "15 X 6 X 6" turf type on the rear that just barely clears the hydraulic brake caliper. It's a Hi-Run brand if that helps since the sizes seem to differ some between tires/manufacturers.
You could go taller, but not wider.
FYI if you're over 200lbs and don't run enough tire pressure the sidewall might touch the caliper, but the tire pressure has to get pretty low for that to happen. (one of the reasons he's not crazy about me riding his mini :doth:)
Also, I seem to remember flipping the wheel around and swapping places with the sprocket and rotor to get more room on one side since one of those mounting plates was closer to the tire than the other.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Coop

13×6.50-6 (rear) street tire from "Cat Eye" pocket bike.
90/65-8 (front) street tire and wheel from X1 super pocket bike on my white and red STRETCHED DB