Deer dragging

Looks like hot rod does offer a jack shaft for me. You say above I should get the jack shaft and a torque converter? If I had to pick one, which will give me more pulling power. Would I still be burning up clutches with the JS?

Hot rod i asking whether the clutch is slipping or if the engine is just too weak to pull. Not sure how to tell.
I would go with what Jeep said and disregard my thoughts. He has built some great machines.

Gotcha.
Well a torque converter should def help, especially with that large rear sprocket.
That clutch doesn’t look robust enough to be dragging a deer through the woods.

Gotcha.
Well a torque converter should def help, especially with that large rear sprocket.
That clutch doesn’t look robust enough to be dragging a deer through the woods.
Few comments about my username. Sounds like it makes me look shady. Comes from the movie Snatch. Bullet Tooth Tony talking about his Desert Eagle. I'm a fan of movie and gun (killed deer with it).

Well I’m not a huge fan of desert eagles, or brad Pitt but I love that movie!
Great story and great acting all around. Now your username makes sense lol

delray

my suggestion would be a torque converter with a 7 inch driven and a larger rear sprocket. really don't need a 30 series unit with the 10 percent overdrive. 20 series would be better and both sides of the belt are now gripping(V style belt) a motor without a governor(billet rod) good jet kit and header with a non-restrictive muffler,but then again you might be stuck with using the stock air box and exhaust if you live in the cold areas or you could run into carb frosting up on you.
from watching that little arctic pull that deer you shouldn't have any problems with a stock setup,but more mod's will put less stress on everything.

my suggestion would be a torque converter with a 7 inch driven and a larger rear sprocket. really don't need a 30 series unit with the 10 percent overdrive. 20 series would be better and both sides of the belt are now gripping(V style belt) a motor without a governor(billet rod) good jet kit and header with a non-restrictive muffler,but then again you might be stuck with using the stock air box and exhaust if you live in the cold areas or you could run into carb frosting up on you.
from watching that little arctic pull that deer you shouldn't have any problems with a stock setup,but more mod's will put less stress on everything.

T

Thanks for the advice. I have a 72 tooth rear installed. I dont know where to get the 20 series you recommend for a 5/8" shaft. Here's what I have ordered
https://www.gopowersports.com/colem...NJh4jP6DC438YV95y7z_vxvVWFUxdCCRoCiBYQAvD_BwE

Is this not going to get me where I want? Is it possible to add something to this, like the 7" driven, later if I still need more low end pull?

Any education you can provide in 10% overdrive vs 20% would be appreciated. Not sure what dictates those variables.