Deer dragging

The 30 series has a 10% overdrive. A 20 series has no overdrive. I think Del Ray is saying that if you are looking for pulling power, you don’t need the overdrive so a 20 series might be better than a 30 series.

Also the driven pulleys are usually 6” in diameter, but a 7” driven can be had which again would give a better ratio for pulling. A 7” can be added later but you would need a bigger belt.

The 30 series has a 10% overdrive. A 20 series has no overdrive. I think Del Ray is saying that if you are looking for pulling power, you don’t need the overdrive so a 20 series might be better than a 30 series.

Also the driven pulleys are usually 6” in diameter, but a 7” driven can be had which again would give a better ratio for pulling. A 7” can be added later but you would need a bigger belt.
Wonder if I can modify the order to come with these items instead. Not sure there is a 20 series for my model. I'll google.

delray

your kind of stuck with what you ordered. I don't think they will sell you a kit with the 20 series. good thing is if you do change the 30 series over to a 7 inch driven you can possibly get a good bando belt from beltpalace,com. they hold up very well.

delray

the other problem with all theses suggestions with I and others that are talking about. also comes alot of fabricaton to make it all work correct. not really a bolt on and go thing.

You’ll be just fine with what you have don’t worry about it. Run that torque converter with your 72 tooth sprocket and you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Make sure your chain is plenty tight and carry and extra chain and master link and you’ll be fine.

You’ll be just fine with what you have don’t worry about it. Run that torque converter with your 72 tooth sprocket and you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Make sure your chain is plenty tight and carry and extra chain and master link and you’ll be fine.
Hope so. Drug kids around in a wheel Barrow with everything off like a sled. Still struggling. I haven't back throttle out. may try that.

Hey, looks like I may have to cut frame for this TC. I guess others do it but I wish I didn't have to

I dont know weather you ordered the right one or not but I just wanted to mention usually you can get a smaller sprocket on these torque converters a tooth or two less will help with the gearing If you need it instead of going with a 7" driven

Hope so. Drug kids around in a wheel Barrow with everything off like a sled. Still struggling. I haven't back throttle out. may try that.

Hey, looks like I may have to cut frame for this TC. I guess others do it but I wish I didn't have to
Often the engine needs to be raised an inch to allow for the rear, lower radius of the mounting plate to clear any existing frame parts. Shouldn’t have to remove any frame material. Sometimes the engine must be moved rearward as well.
Maybe more picts if you need more.

Great thread and first I've seen on making one of these newer fat-tire Chinese bikes into a sportsman's workhorse.

Those solid rubber "tire" spoked wheels are a turn off. I'd like to see a custom trailer with similar fat knobby tires as the bike...

I agree the big tires would be better. I am going for light and easy to pack. I can lift the bike into my 4ft bed and would like the cart and dead deer to fit back there too. I may could rig up some fat tires on a cart. I've heard of hand trucks being used also.

delray

I dont know weather you ordered the right one or not but I just wanted to mention usually you can get a smaller sprocket on these torque converters a tooth or two less will help with the gearing If you need it instead of going with a 7" driven
I don't think changing the gear will equal the same ratio as the 7inch, it would help the bottom end little more. but i do caution changing that gear. it will curl the teeth much sooner then having the stock gear on. now that it would have less teeth pull the chain around and creating more stress on the 3 or 4 teeth that are taking the full load.

if you decide to go with a small trailer behind you? make the hitch so it can pivot full 360. this way the trailer isn't fighting the bike when pulling it over rough terrian.

I don't think changing the gear will equal the same ratio as the 7inch, it would help the bottom end little more. but i do caution changing that gear. it will curl the teeth much sooner then having the stock gear on. now that it would have less teeth pull the chain around and creating more stress on the 3 or 4 teeth that are taking the full load.

if you decide to go with a small trailer behind you? make the hitch so it can pivot full 360. this way the trailer isn't fighting the bike when pulling it over rough terrian.
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1...74mhOUl2G3uM753Rh-qk4waAu8UEALw_wcB#prod_info

This looks perfect. I think I could just carry the bike on it too.

Harquebus

Yeah, I saw that Viking trailer too when i was surfing for examples. It just looked more like a human-powered cart than anything else.
I'd just make sure it is the lightest thing you can find and narrow is good too, to fit on narrow single track trails.

Carry the bike on it? Like if the bike goes kaput and leaves you otherwise stranded? Good idea. Sometimes the bike carries you--sometimes you carry the bike.

Yeah, I saw that Viking trailer too when i was surfing for examples. It just looked more like a human-powered cart than anything else.
I'd just make sure it is the lightest thing you can find and narrow is good too, to fit on narrow single track trails.

Carry the bike on it? Like if the bike goes kaput and leaves you otherwise stranded? Good idea. Sometimes the bike carries you--sometimes you carry the bike.
Yeah, I'd need to make a tongue to connect with my hitch. It looks pretty narrow. I am wondering instead of lifting the bike into the truck bed, if I could just drive it up onto this thing, strap it down, and drive home.