Different makes of mini bikes

While looking around here I see a lot of Cats.Where I live I have never seen another one,just the one I own.There were a couple on the floor of the store where I got mine,but that was it.Not one kid here ever saw,or heard of a Cat back then.I thought I had an oddball,or an orphan.With everybody jumping on the minibike bandwagon I did see a lot of stuff that nobody heard of before or after.The big sellers here were Sensation Mike Bikes.They were sold by Agway and other farm stores.They were a longer wheelbase mini,and they were sold to farmers to run out to check things they would normally walk to see.Grownups could actually ride them without being cramped.The International dealer sold Chargers.A lot of them were sold here because you could give the dealer $5.a week to pay for it.Depending on your dads credit in town you could either take it home right off,or you could pay your $5.per week and drool over it until it was paid for.Rupp was a big seller too because there was a snowmobile dealer that handled them.There was somebody that made a simple chopper,it came in one color,gold.I can't remember the make but it was the only model they made.The hardware store sold those.Except for the Chargers,which had front springs,none of us had a mini with suspension.We were all too poor to buy a fancy Rupp back then.

george3

you should post where you live city and state.
keith true

View My Photos

hey lets make it a Jeopardy Question......

Name the State where Keith True grew up.......

I'm thinkin Neck is close since he mentioned snowmobiles......

buckeye

What does the winner get? A bottle of Brut?
You are right though. Where I grew only the" rich" kids had the fancy smancy mini bikes. I only had a couple 2by4' s nailed to a piece of plywood and some wagon wheels and a rope steering gokart. Damn wheels were always falling off.

TomH

What does the winner get? A bottle of Brut?
You are right though. Where I grew only the" rich" kids had the fancy smancy mini bikes. I only had a couple 2by4' s nailed to a piece of plywood and some wagon wheels and a rope steering gokart. Damn wheels were always falling off.
I had a fiberglass angle iron contraption go cart. A guy gave it to me. The rear piece wouldn't stay on, so when I leaned back the spark plug would shock me. Probably why I am not quite "right"..bzzzzzz. Only saw one minibike in person that I remember, besides catalogs. Anything that so much as smelled like a motorcycle wasn't going to happen anyway.

Well,the neck is the closest.I am in Epping N.H.About 15 miles in from the seacoast.My location is not in there because I am a computer idiot. Not to hide my location or ID.I would have put it in if I knew how.I am active in the Model A Ford groups,and there are a lot of people that won't disclose their locations in public.I'm not one of them.If I could figure out how to add my info now I would.I just poked around and couldn't find a way.Like on the Fordbarn there is a tab that says,edit my profile.I am sure it is here,I just don't see it.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Click on User CP in the red ribbon under OLDMINIBIKES.COM, then the choices are on the left. New Hampshire huh?!

Thanks Neck.I got it figured out. When I saw the word neck in a previous post I thought they were referring to my part of the country.When I was running a truck over the road a lot of drivers referred to the New England states as some kind of neck,with a bunch of swear words added to it because of the cold,snow,ice,and few loads coming out.

Welcome fellow eastcoaster [though I am a bit farther north]
There is also the members map to add yourself to , that one took me a few trys lol

TomH

Thanks Neck.I got it figured out. When I saw the word neck in a previous post I thought they were referring to my part of the country.When I was running a truck over the road a lot of drivers referred to the New England states as some kind of neck,with a bunch of swear words added to it because of the cold,snow,ice,and few loads coming out.
Former over the road Trucker here myself. Yeah, up there and Florida I tried to stay out of.:eek: