Differential setup for an Alsport...

Hello all,

Recently found an Alsport Trike but it's setup w/ a live axle... not so good for the corners and i want to street it a bit... what/where can i get a differential setup for it? I have the skills/means to do some modifications to the axle setup so even if it's a bit tricky, any solution would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Morgan in SF
morgantor@gmail.com

PS- i just posted some of the spares that came w/ it for sale or trade.

Pictures. We need pictures of the frame as it is . There were a lot of tri-sports and they all had differentials some with long shafts others with very short shafts. Steve :scooter:

Hello Morgantor : Well Tri Sports came with two different differentials the RTS- SL came with the Holton aluminum differential we had problems with them in of road racing we would hit big boulders with the drive sprocket and the aluminum could not take the punishment of the adrenalin fueled racing. The other differential used was a cast steel unit.
I have one of them I took off a RTS- 340 trike that some Knucklehead tried to make it back into a dune cart. This unit used a disc brake on the jack shaft and did not have the axle mounted 8 inch disc that the Street Legal units came with. I will have to see if this unit has the necessary key ways cut into the axle stubs. Let me know if you are interested in this unit. It has a 54 tooth # 40 chain sprocket .
Steve :scooter:

Retrieved the Tri-Sport differential from the garage it is a HAXCO Model # HA 251 .
It is 13 1/2 " long overall with each 1" axle stub measuring 3 7/8 inch long and the center section is 6" long and 4" in diameter. This unit has a built in Zerk fitting for lubrication of the gears. Key way is 2 1/2 " for 1/4 inch square stock. I will put up pictures soon.
Steve :scooter:

from what you describe mine must have been, over the course of it's first life, 2 different trikes and someone did the reverse... had an offroad RTS340 and streeted it... at some point they whacked the aluminum diff and replaced it w/ a custom built axle... My disc brake is on the jackshaft.

BUT YES! i'm interested in the diff you have!... Thanks,

Morgan.