Dingo Kart To Huge Minibike!

Here is a Dingo go-kart I purchased for $150 about 2 weeks ago, after spending hours getting everything fixed on it to run I still was not pleased with the go-kart. I am a huge fan of old school El Burro/ Cheetah and Rokon minibikes so I decided to make a HUGE minibike with whatever pars I can use off the Dingo Kart. So for the past 4 days here is a log of pictures from the beginning> It has a 9 HP Briggs & Stratton/elec. start and a Comet 40 Series Torque Converter>>>

Forks

I will be making a NEW gas tank, the one on there is from my last mini and need to use it to test runs at the moment. Also will be adding footpegs, kickstand, rear brake, seat, torque converter cover and a few more small things so plenty more to go.

Nice project ! I have all the same components in my stash of parts except i'd be using a 13 hp honda for a power plant ...If you don't mind I'm going to borrow some of your ideas...:smile:

I like it! :thumbsup: Nice job on your fabrication. I like the forks you made, What size is the tubing you used, and what did you bend it one. Can't wait to see the finished bike.

Just something I would check out good first, Are you sure it does not have too much rake on the front end. It may steer funny. You should test drive it before painting it to make sure you like how it turns.

yes!!!!!!!!!! i love it, it takes a real man to cut up a good thing and make it better! change the rake of the front end, it might be dificult to steer.

Hey everyone I drove it earlier today for the first time after seeing the suggestions about the rake. Overall the ride was excellent the rake and with the footpegs mounted forward give it kind of a chopper feel when you ride. As far as turning with the wheels being so big I can turn perfect and lean without any worries of ever scrachting the frame unlike my smaller minibikes. I will upload a video here soon of it running!

looks really good :) I was preparing to see a perfectly good gokart choped up and a cobled together bike made from the bits but thats clearly not the case. Thats gonna be a real nice bike :thumbsup:

Now thats a Bike!

I love it if I had the space Id be doing the same thing but the family has to have a car in the garage! I swear if i had a three car garage Id be aces!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. For the past two days I have been moving into a new residence. Haven't had anytime to work on the mini at all but i did drive it again, this time through thick grass and alot of bumpy terrain and all I can say is WOW those Huge Tires feel like your riding on air ! So overall the mini turns well and has enough torque to pop a wheelie and the top speed was very quick as well. So please stay tuned I still have quite a bit left to do, I will post pics as progress continues !