Dirt Bug 212 Predator Air Filter Upgrade Breather Tubes

I just installed the Power Up Kit on my Dirt Bug 212cc Predator ,which included the under the seat RLV header, K&N Pleated air filter, racing spark plug and jet and had a question about the tubes that are left.

Once I removed the stock air filter what do you do with the tube that on the right side of valve cover? You also remove the fuel line breather tube, but I would assume you could plug this or run a longer line down? The videos online just leave the tube after you removed the old air filter and don’t address it. I ride on dirt and gravel trails and would think that I could get dirt or water in the valve cover it is just left alone. I thought about routing it thru the air filter with some longer tube but was not sure if the line coming off the valve cover is a breather or vacuum.

Attachments

Last edited:
That's a breather vent, DO NOT PLUG IT!!, if your running on dirt u need to have a filter on the end of it. Advance auto and Autozone sell some small filters that you can use with that. You'll need a couple small pipe clamps and a brass fitting. I believe the filter inlet size is 3/8". But not 100% you definitely don't want any dirt,rocks or any debris getting in that valve cover.

Last edited:
Thanks, that just what I was looking for. I didn't think it will be an issue when I test ride it in my neighborhood, but will add the filter when I ride it off road in the future.