Disassembling V-Plex Torque Converter

Before I start beating this thing with a hammer and breaking something, does anyone know the disassembly process to get the driven clutch off of the jackshaft on a V-Plex Torque Converter? Does this require a press? Should the clutch be heated ? I don't want to break it.

Thanks,
thebronc4019

Here's absolutely no help at all...unless someone can show or describe where the set screw(s) are located, and where to position the puller arms to avoid bending the sheave...

delray

hey thebronc4019,my v-plex torque converter that came on my columbia minibike was just bolted on to the jackshaft and had a set screw.(maybe two?)
hey yellowhand,service papers you posted are the ones that came with my minibike in 1970. i had jay post them:thumbsup:
info comes in handy for belt size and adjustments for guys that still use them:thumbsup:

delray

i had to convert one of my bikes from v-plex to a 20's comet with a 6inch rear pully.

it should be a 5/8 shaft? i dont think they made a 3/4 for minibikes.
it maybe little rusty
here is one of my jackshafts,maybe little different then yours,but should come off.

it

I googled 'V-Plex torque converter' looking for factory info or literature...the best info found was your (delray's) original copies posted at minidoodle.com...

I was going to link to the page, but this was info donated to minidoodle, and posted to help others free of cost, so I exported it here in the hope that it will continue to exist and be easier to find for anyone needing it...

I'm aware that some people consider anything donated and posted to be the protected property of the site it appears on...I just don't believe that to be truly correct when the original intent is to share the item freely with others at no cost...

I've noticed that older-model drive components usually had two set screws...one positioned over the keyway, and another, usually 90 degrees away, positioned to screw against the mounting shaft...

The trend on newer components seems to eliminate the second set screw...

I can't find any factory info on removing the unit, so if it were mine, I'd look for two set screws before cleaning the shaft, then using a press to remove the driven sheave...

Gents,
Thanks for info and especially the pictures from delray. No set screws on this one. It is 5/8 jackshaft with a tapped 5/16 bolt on the end opposite from where the converter is. Was able to spray WD #40 and get driven clutch off. Jackshaft is a little beat up where band brake drum is mounted so I may have to get a new jackshaft. Thanks for info I will keep you posted. Need any info at all on K&S minibike. I mistakenly thought bike was Columbia at first but jimh squared me away.