Does anyone know what this is?

I purchased this to restore as a pit bike for SCCA racing. It has folding handles which is perfect to put inside my RV. It looks like it was never designed to have a jackshaft. Was hoping someone could help answer the following questions:
  • What make is it?
  • What engine did it originally have and does anyone have a good used one?
  • Any source for a chain guard and replacement seat (it looks good, but won't last more than a few trips for sure)
  • It looks like it has mounting ears for footpegs. Does anyone know what would the originals look like? (Tube, billet, etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Don

Last edited:
looks like you loaded the pic's wrong. use the "manage attachments" at the bottom on reply.

ooooops, looks like they are up now. That brand has showed up here before but I can't remember.

Last edited:
That looks exactly like my mini that was ID'd as a Skat Cat. I have the same handle bar set up, kick stand, etc. Check my photos. Does it have Made In Taiwan stamped on the engine mount plate? Is Scat Cat and Grand Prix Little Mini the same thing?

That looks exactly like my mini that was ID'd as a Skat Cat. I have the same handle bar set up, kick stand, etc. Check my photos. Does it have Made In Taiwan stamped on the engine mount plate? Is Scat Cat and Grand Prix Little Mini the same thing?
I think yours is a Grand Prix too. The only Scat Cats I know of that had the frame similar to yours had 10 or 12" spoked wheels and the top bar or backbone of the frame was different. They may have been made by the same manufacturer in Taiwan.

Ken

I have an unknown with the same handlebar and front fork arrangement also, only it has a swing axle and solid seat mounting and I cant find any scat cat stampings near the motormounts. Its picture is in one of the recent postings under my name "Ken"

yours is a grand prix. i have a skat cat and it's a little different. heres a pic although mine has been customized a bit.

my fame is more square, as apposed to the grand prix which has more of a slope. I guess the foot pegs on those things much be junk because evertime i see one it has a bar welded across the frame.

the foot pegs are just in a poor location with regards to the motor ,the origional pegs are really short in length for adults . small mounts always have to be rewelded , poorl design .not with adults in mind:weld::hack::grind: