Does this look like it has been fixed......

before or would it have been originally braized? I know that they didn't make many of these bikes in this model. Tote gote model 706.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Are those the Tote Gote forks? Because they have been brazed which is fine for sweating into lugged frames on old bikes and for exhaust but to hold gussets and join a plate I am not sure. Might be fine but it's hard to tell exactly what's going on there. A drill and a couple of tasteful looking bolts with acorn nuts might quell some of my concerns were it mine.:shrug:

Are those the Tote Gote forks? Because they have been brazed which is fine for sweating into lugged frames on old bikes and for exhaust but to hold gussets and join a plate I am not sure. Might be fine but it's hard to tell exactly what's going on there. A drill and a couple of tasteful looking bolts with acorn nuts might quell some of my concerns were it mine.:shrug:
Yes, they are. The gussets are welded, not braised. Just the plates are braised. The forks are from a model 706 which has the large balloon type tires.