doodle brake broke new broke brakes ??

dirt

well i got a new brake from the internet . it took a month to get here and it doesn't fit. it is smaller and the hex screws thread into a tapped spacer /?? WTF? after an hour it fabricate and bend the frame holder it wont stop the Bug. so I put the old one back on and the top cast broke. i have 1 bolt holding it on. funny thing it stops better than before, but 1 bolt isnt safe.
im gonna buy me a moped and make a chopper out of it.

any one got a free old brake?

I got the hydraulic brake setup from HotRodMinibike.com.

Stops great and inspires alot more confidence than the cable brake setup. Bolts right on with no issues. All you need to install it are some heavy-duzy zip ties.

C9H13NO3

well i got a new brake from the internet . it took a month to get here and it doesn't fit. it is smaller and the hex screws thread into a tapped spacer /?? WTF? after an hour it fabricate and bend the frame holder it wont stop the Bug. so I put the old one back on and the top cast broke. i have 1 bolt holding it on. funny thing it stops better than before, but 1 bolt isnt safe.
im gonna buy me a moped and make a chopper out of it.

any one got a free old brake?

I might have one. I'll check when I get to my shop (i'm out of town, i'll get back to you sometime wednesday).

This one here is the same as the DB brake. I got one to replace my broke brake. My broke brake is not really broke, just beat to hell, loose, and needs pads(no more adjustment).

Now I have hyd brake, I will keep new mechanical for back-up, you can have the old one for shipping if you want it. Not worth it IMO just get a new one, but yours if you want it.

Don't know what to tell ya dirt, maybe they sent you the wrong one.
The one I linked to bolts right up just like the db brake. It is identical to the db brake. The old db mounting bolts even thread right in. If my old brake wasn't scratched and beat to hell you could get the two confused. Dunno if it makes a difference but I've got the old style db.
:shrug:

that sucks. I ordered the one I linked to like maybe late April early May and it's not like yours at all. Matches old db brake perfectly.