DoodleBug Performance Jackshaft

Sorry to hear your mixed review Mtnxfreeride.
Also about your stuck clutch issue.
And thank you for the performance review.
I would like to mention that we always do our best to supply good customer support and our phone number is listed on the website. Along with knowledgeable tech assistance from the person you speak to. If you have questions or a problem with your order feel free to call and give us a chance to help you out. The issue with your clutch being seized to the crank and not removable without damaging it is uncommon. I don't feel it is fair to blame our product for your frustration. We have sold a lot of these kits over the past 6 years and have had many happy customers. Every now and then the JS mod verses engine swap topic comes up. And the price is debated. The fact is that not everyone wants to install a big engine in the mini bike. If you want to make the bike more fun, capable of climbing hills or Kids are involved the JS is IMO the best option. Depending on the riders weight and the throttle stop screw adjustment top speed may be slightly reduced with the JS system. Unless there is a uphill grade in the road or heavier rider then it may be faster. Not everyone is interested in going down a flat road and seeing how fast they can go. Especially when the bike and brake system are not made for high speed. . As mentioned in previous posts the lower gear ratio with the JS also results in less wear on the clutch and engine. In stock form the little bike is always lugging and overworking the clutch. We have had lots of customers who were disappointed with there new bikes performance and installed the kit to remedy this. But for those who have found a good deal on an old bike that has already been abused or sat out in the weather then it might be a good idea to evaluate what you have to work with before investing in performance mods. Also if you add up all the extras needed to easily and properly install the larger engines with a SAFE clutch and chain guard it will cost a bit more and be more labor involved than installing a JS system.

www.hotrodminibike.com

I wasnt knocking the product for my clutch being stuck - just the additional expense, hassle that could have been prevented and shipping wait time. I felt it was fair to mention. Could you clarify if there is still a discount for OldMiniBikes members and how to get it?

Also, I backed the throttle stop screw out and got back most of my previous top speed.

Mtxnfreeride
After a bit of searching I was able to find your order and issue the shipping refund to you.
Also covered the clutch/crank bolt and part of the shipping for your second order.
As stated... Please feel free to contact us Via phone, PM or email for customer service issues. And view our "Terms and conditions" page on our website for estimated shipping times. Expedited shipping is also available for call in orders.
Am always glad to help when I can.
I had a deal going for members to get a discount for the stock engine JS kit.
This was offered several years ago. I still get request for the discount from time to time.
Along with requests for discounts on all are products and even refunds for orders placed in the past.... Most guys have called,emailed me or sent a PM ahead of time with there proper OldMiniBikes Member Info. This was a requirement.
The JS kit prices have stayed the same for over 5 years now, while shipping and manufacturing costs have steadily increased. As of now I will no longer be able to make this discount available. Although we are going to run holiday specials and offer other product discounts in the future.

Welcome to the fun rizzo269
Kits are available here

Jackshaft Systems
Pm'd you. Honestly what is the difference between upgrading the stock doodlebug DB30. And just purchasing the Predator? Seems like there around the same prices. I'm confused, & have been doing my research.

Upgrading/jackshaft = safe fast riding?
Upgrading/Predator = crazy fast riding?

Not really understanding the difference. Also i heard the frame that i have isn't that great for upgrading. If that even makes a difference.

Pm'd you. Honestly what is the difference between upgrading the stock doodlebug DB30. And just purchasing the Predator? Seems like there around the same prices. I'm confused, & have been doing my research.

Not really understanding the difference. Also i heard the frame that i have isn't that great for upgrading. If that even makes a difference.
hey hey! glad you found the thread i was just coming here to link you lol.

it does make a difference ;)
db-s are very small tubed and weak.
and buying a predator will put some smiles on your face,until you go to install it.
at which point you realize youda been better off building a diff frame combo,moneywise.
also,if you sink a ton into these db-s,youll then find out how hard it is to sell them.

thats it.
predator = Torque will do wheelies all the time and make the bike a bit of a handful as its a bit hard to steer with the front tire in the air.
jackshaft = Gears gives smooth accel using stock motor and much better accel as well.

as far as prices go,i bought a new predator today for 50 bucks so the deals are out there.
yes the pmr is close to a bill,but its reuseable.
and if you think all this is confusing,waitll you get into the tavs/belt driven clutches.

seriously,id throw a pmr jackshaft on yours and ride the snot out of it.
be your easiest bet and when you decide to sell it,return the bike to stock and keep the pmr for the next project down the road.
one of my pmrs has been on 3 diff rides already lol.

hey hey! glad you found the thread i was just coming here to link you lol.

it does make a difference ;)
db-s are very small tubed and weak.
and buying a predator will put some smiles on your face,until you go to install it.
at which point you realize youda been better off building a diff frame combo,moneywise.
also,if you sink a ton into these db-s,youll then find out how hard it is to sell them.

thats it.
predator = Torque will do wheelies all the time and make the bike a bit of a handful as its a bit hard to steer with the front tire in the air.
jackshaft = Gears gives smooth accel using stock motor and much better accel as well.

as far as prices go,i bought a new predator today for 50 bucks so the deals are out there.
yes the pmr is close to a bill,but its reuseable.
and if you think all this is confusing,waitll you get into the tavs/belt driven clutches.

seriously,id throw a pmr jackshaft on yours and ride the snot out of it.
be your easiest bet and when you decide to sell it,return the bike to stock and keep the pmr for the next project down the road.
one of my pmrs has been on 3 diff rides already lol.

OK! I'm learning little by little! Thank you! I will go that route, and when im ready to build the powerhouse. Ill buy the predator and all the fun/pretty stuff.

So this PMR Jackshaft Kit 79-97cc would be it.

I contacted the ProMod user on here to see if i can get some type of discount. Waiting to hear back from him. Becuase i would like to order that ASAP. Also i PM'd you aswell for those tires.

Even if you do not get a discount from Promod, don't let that be a deal breaker! Brad is not only extremely knowledgeable in the products he sells, he has worked on bikes and karts for years so his technical support is worth the price of admission in itself. He is one of the most professional, credible, kind, and courteous vendors I have ever dealt with.
Michael

Even if you do not get a discount from Promod, don't let that be a deal breaker! Brad is not only extremely knowledgeable in the products he sells, he has worked on bikes and karts for years so his technical support is worth the price of admission in itself. He is one of the most professional, credible, kind, and courteous vendors I have ever dealt with.
Michael
Oh it won't lol, I'm so eager to work on my minibike. My son breaks out his mini tools for the mini bike. The whole family is hyped lol. If I don't hear from him soon I will be making that purchase. Excited to see the difference in power.

Comes with detailed instructions it states, if I need any help. Best believe ima do a little research. And reach out to people for help.