Doodlebug sprocket rubbing?

Ok, so I'm 230lbs and that is a large portion of my problem but.....

I just picked up a Doodlebug (I think) with a GUTLESS 79cc Predator (it's going in the kids Go-Kart) and I plan on putting a Predator 212 into the DB.

Right now my biggest concern is the sprocket. I'm thinking a larger wheel/tire but are there smaller diameter sprockets? I guess I'd need to go up a few teeth on the front sprocket? I'll be looking for low end grunt and not top end speed.

Thanks guys

For more low end you would go DOWN in size on the front sprocket or UP in size on the rear sprocket. Or DOWN in size on the rear tire.

But a bigger engine should also provide more low end and your gear ratio may be fine as-is. Except you said something about rubbing? Where?

The 12-72 thats on the bike will lift the front wheel very easy with a 212 Predator on it ....put some more air in that rear tire.

I run my stock 145x70x14..bump pressure 10 or 12 psi..will help ..i got a 15 X 6.00 -6 carlisle turf saver 2 tubeless 2 ply 14 psi max at Walmart...the 2 ply softer than 4 ply...for back tire ..will be about 1/2 in taller and around same width.wider footprint tho..haven't mounted it yet...hoping is more crossover dirt/ street ...may be an option for you..you can get a 4ply it will have stiffer sidewall..not so much squish

Last edited: