Doodlebug Stalls

Hello all, just bought a new DB30 and it seems to start ok but it stalls as soon as you give it gas. You have do breath on the throttle ever so gentle to get it to accelerate. Gets a bit better once it warms up but still dies if you blurp it open from idle. I then decided to adjust the gov. screw. I opened it about 3/4 out, wow it flies (on the top end) but has zero low end... I want my daughter to be able to ride off road and up some small hills. I am really considering the PMR JS. Any ideas?

Choke is not on, and after it stalls it starts easy on one pull but then blurp the throttle and she dies. I'm at work now, if it is a simple adjustment then I will play with the carb, but if it is worse I will hopefully exchange it. Thing is a blast though when it's running

mybiz

It might just need the carb adjusted. Turn it in an 1/4 turn see what happens. or out if that don't help try running it with the gas cap loosened. Your cap might not be venting. Try those two things and let us know also make sure the carburetor to block bolts are tight. If your sucking any air in between the intake gasket. That make a motor run like :001_9898: When I'm checking for vacuum leaks on any engine. I start the motor and squirt starting fluid around the carb gasket and vacuum lines. And if the motor rev's up you know your sucking air. If you ever do the starting fluid check. Squirt very little so you don't catch the motor on fire. :no::doah:

Thanks for all the help...I will be looking this scoot over tomorrow morning when I get home. I mean worse case is its less than a week old, so I return it to Northern Tool. I would prefer to work the issue myself. Can anyone give some insight on the PMR jackshaft? I will post what ever it was that was wrong...if I find it

PMR jackshaft

PMR jackshaft makes a huge improvement in low end performance, and you can change gearing to suit your needs very easily. It made a believer out of me. I weigh 190 and its goes where I point it.

Riley

I had that same problem. There is a screw mounted on the engine that you adjust... I don't Remember all of the details but if you call baja customer support about it then they will tell you where exactly the screw is, and what adjustmennts do what

Got some starting fluid and sprayed around the carb..no problems, Changed Oil and used my Amsoil I use in my Victory (15-40) luck little Doodlebug!! pulled plug (stock NGK) dark black from half tank of fuel (87 oct). Oiled clutch bushing, adjusted chain tension, noticed the engine sits just a hair off center so I loosened engine mount and found it will not line up perfectly. Have not decided what to do about that yet, but have considered drilling the mount holes just a bit so everything lines up??? I used locktite!!! turned up the idle a bit and now it seems to work pretty well. I do not see a air/fuel screw on the carb?? as of now it rarely stalls, much happier. Does anyone know which screw Riley is refering to? Thanks again for all the help

Got some starting fluid and sprayed around the carb..no problems, Changed Oil and used my Amsoil I use in my Victory (15-40) luck little Doodlebug!! pulled plug (stock NGK) dark black from half tank of fuel (87 oct). Oiled clutch bushing, adjusted chain tension, noticed the engine sits just a hair off center so I loosened engine mount and found it will not line up perfectly. Have not decided what to do about that yet, but have considered drilling the mount holes just a bit so everything lines up??? I used locktite!!! turned up the idle a bit and now it seems to work pretty well. I do not see a air/fuel screw on the carb?? as of now it rarely stalls, much happier. Does anyone know which screw Riley is refering to? Thanks again for all the help
How did you adjust idle? Which screw?

Hello MtnXfreeride, this is really old thread, so you may not get a reply. Do a search, there is a lot of info on this site on how to make these engines run better, but will take some time to find it. Good luck! :thumbsup: