Dr. Shop Teacher's - "Lil" Indian Model 600 - (Vintage Class)

She's a Roller....

I spent time this morning assembling the bike to roller status. There is still a lot of work to do. Once it was on wheels, I devoted some time to assembling the 64 Briggs that will power it. I made a good calculation and the engine will travel nearly the entire length of the slot and not be in danger of fender chatter. I used Cherry NOS grips rather than seeking OGK grips and the peg rubbers are NOS Hunt-Wilde. Fenders are secured with stainless bolts and Acorn nuts with threadlock. I ended up using the cable stop I made because the ones Markus recommended were too small in diameter (I had pre-drilled). What remained of the original hardware was not worth salvaging save the coil spring. OldMiniBikes provided the new axles and I picked up all-metal lock nuts at the True Value to maintain the vintage look.

Engine to Fender clearance:

Engine mocked up (carb linkage and tank are installed):

Sun on the Powdercoat:

flywheel side:

Front:

PTO side:

The Beautiful Bootie-Rootie:

Prototype Mini Matic Photo

[MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION]--here's a photo of the engine/minimatic prototype. Note the smooth side cover, and I think this is tiller motor--check out the control label behind the air filter. Photo is from a post by Delray.

Just gorgeous! You say it's coming out better than you expected, Pete. I say I fully expected it. I think you give yourself far less credit than you deserve. I've been watching your builds and they'll stand up to anyone's. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see it in person. I hope you will be bringing it to Windber.

A.J.

Just gorgeous! You say it's coming out better than you expected, Pete. I say I fully expected it. I think you give yourself far less credit than you deserve. I've been watching your builds and they'll stand up to anyone's. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see it in person. I hope you will be bringing it to Windber.

A.J.
Thanks, A.J. This has been a fun "lil" project!:thumbsup:

buckeye

I spent time this morning assembling the bike to roller status. There is still a lot of work to do. Once it was on wheels, I devoted some time to assembling the 64 Briggs that will power it. I made a good calculation and the engine will travel nearly the entire length of the slot and not be in danger of fender chatter. I used Cherry NOS grips rather than seeking OGK grips and the peg rubbers are NOS Hunt-Wilde. Fenders are secured with stainless bolts and Acorn nuts with threadlock. I ended up using the cable stop I made because the ones Markus recommended were too small in diameter (I had pre-drilled). What remained of the original hardware was not worth salvaging save the coil spring. OldMiniBikes provided the new axles and I picked up all-metal lock nuts at the True Value to maintain the vintage look.

Engine to Fender clearance:

Engine mocked up (carb linkage and tank are installed):

Sun on the Powdercoat:

flywheel side:

Front:

PTO side:

The Beautiful Bootie-Rootie:

Seriously? Dang man.
All is beautiful!!