Drift trike anyone?

They have a facebook page. Looking at the pictures it is a bicycle frame and front end then basically just a go-kart live axle and engine plate. Looks simple enough to build but go-cart parts seem to be kind of pricey.

toomanytoys

What are they running for drive wheels?......................Tom.
Get a tire, deflate it, put a PVC pipe collar(or piece of pipe cut off) over the tire, reinflate the tire.

Boom, a tire with no traction that lets it drift all over

They do the same thing with the gravity drift trikes.

A guy I work with was talking to me about it and I said you can wrap a lot of money up in a race cart live axle by the time you figure in wheels, tires, hubs, bearings, bearing hangers, sprocket carriers, sprocket. He said why not just use a 4 wheeler swing arm because you would have everthing there and a disc brake set up, just change the sprocket to match your clutch and chain.
BRILLIANT!!!
Now the gears are turning in my head.... literally!

Here is the link to the facebook page a friend showed me with the pictures of the trikes on it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/WV-Drift-Trike-Mafia-WVDTM/377133635758190

A guy I work with was talking to me about it and I said you can wrap a lot of money up in a race cart live axle by the time you figure in wheels, tires, hubs, bearings, bearing hangers, sprocket carriers, sprocket. He said why not just use a 4 wheeler swing arm because you would have everthing there and a disc brake set up, just change the sprocket to match your clutch and chain.
BRILLIANT!!!
Now the gears are turning in my head.... literally!

Here is the link to the facebook page a friend showed me with the pictures of the trikes on it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/WV-Drift-Trike-Mafia-WVDTM/377133635758190
You would have to put the brake on the front fork.it wouldn't work to we'll on the back.

or you could buy the one in the video for $850 he listed it for sale on the facebook post
I seen that, $850...:eek:ut:But he did say he would throw in an extra set of the PVC tires, that must be where the extra $650 came from! WOW!
It's a bicycle frame that you cut down that could be had for free or next to nothing, a $99 motor, a $25 clutch and whatever you have in the live axle set up. Oh and a seat and some PVC pipe.

Are you Aaron Trav?...LOL!
You can buy a Huffy Slider from walmart for $80 and all you have to do is add the extra metal for the motor and live axle stuff...TADA!
I don't see $800 there at all. You wouldn't have to have "RACE" parts, why not use pillow blocks and cheap wheels and hubs.... Oh wait they did that on one of them!!!!

I want to build one but finding the money right now for it is kind of hard but I will have one before it's all said and done!!!

Where is the best/cheapest place to get Kart parts? Looking into the live axle and everything for it. Also which way to go, the Kart style bearings and brackets or should I go with Pillow blocks? I know wheels and tires get expensive too but for this project with the PVC slip ons what would be the most economical way to go?

joshua. c.

if your going to build one of these rear wheel drive is a bad idea. i saw a video of an electrick front wheel drive drift trike that works grate. a front wheel drive unit using a gas powered bicycle motor woold be cheeper to fabricate and woold have alot more grip than a rear wheel drive unit. with the extra grip you coold get moving faster for better drifts. the rear wheels on these trikes are designed to have no grip so trying to use them to get moving is pointless. if i make one it will be front wheel drive. i have been thinking about making one of the pedal powered ones to ride around town but iv got alot of other projects to finish first.