drill starter for a mini

you can buy them but there expensive, a good sized drill with the proper socket will work but it drains the battery real quick unless its a cordded kind

I was tempted to try to start mine with a ratchet after I broke the recoil start.
A little side note here, my recoil start broke again and I did manage to start it with a 1/2" ratchet with a 3" extension and a 3/4" socket. Took a few tries but it worked. The trick is to get the engine to just start the compression cycle and then you jerk the ratchet as fast as you can to give it a spin. Its a pain in the ass but if you need to get it started it will work.

Id be very careful using a drill or other hand methods. A ratchet can work OK because it....ratchets. A drill on the other hand does not spin freely. What happens when the engine starts spinning faster then the chuck on the drill? Unless you pull the drill away RIGHT away the engine will spin the drill around violently. Just a thought. Be careful.

Pull starts are right there with you, work just fine, and kick starters for B&S or tecumseh a little pricy but again they ride along with you! This guy will be pushing his mini if it dies down the road, besides spin starters are for DR mini's and racing karts!

I like the Idea. Personally, I would like having a electric start just cause its easier. When I went riding before I pulled the motor apart, we had 2 to 3 guys who had impact guns that where running off a small power inverter. And thats how they started it. No internal damage or anything. Im thinking of getting a corded HF drill and doing this now.