Drive thru ATM

den35

:lol:

Being a truck driver,I know to always check your clearance height.It's almost always posted somewhere.

Maybe someone should remind that driver.

:scared:OOPS!Too Late!

den35

True.But had it been me in my highway truck,I'd be in extremely deep ka-ka,honest error or not.I'm sure it was the same for him.

Wow, that kind of looks funny, but the cab looked like it got smashed, bet the driver got a bad headache from that! As a truck driver, ( part time), you've got to have a extra sensory as far as height and width goes, one time I was taking directions from the rider, he set me up on the road that had a train tressel at 10"6'', I was driving a 13'6'' box truck, he almost got me to go under that bridge, I didn't know it was there, and we was cruising, all of a sudden the extra sensory came on in my head and my foot hit the brake, I asked the guy how he expected me to fit under that bridge, and he said he forgot about it, it's a good thing one of us was paying attension, or ryder would of had a sun roofed truck that day!
dave

den35

Hey den! I see you have a new a Avatar!!!! looks like a mean sob, have fun now
dave

You bet it is,Dave.I was considering a tav2 on it,but even with the direct clutch and chain setup,it'll yank the front wheel up way too easily.And that's with a 5.5hp.My first engine swap created a monster.

To stay on topic,one company I worked for let me bring my truck home.There's a rail overpass near my home and it's the only way in or out of the neighborhood.11'2 on one side,13'5 on the other(I measured it out).My truck had a lower roof(11'5),so I kept it to the one side going either way.Another driver in the area must have seen me go under so he tried it.Problem 1,He didn't know the actual hight of the overpass,so he went under the 11'2 side.Problem 2,he had a full height(13'5) sleeper.It was the first time I'd seen a 2000 Freightliner Century class convertible.:doah:

From what I read the day after that is that he was trying to avoid the grass as well.

The guy got out of it without a scratch and so did his 10 year old kid.

Regaurdless of fault, that thing came down very easy and whoever built it and passed it to code had better watch out...

I think the bank owner realizes how much shiat he would be in if it would have killed the guy.

Especialy since it didn't have clearance markings on it and now since everyone is calling out how easy it fell.