Dual Flanged Rear Wheel 6"

Finally came across this forum and hoping for some luck finding wheels. Seems about impossible to find what im looking for and new ones on ebay are outrageous priced. Anywho im looking for some 6 inch rims able to take the sprocket on 1 side and brake on the other. Tires and bearings are not important but would consider a package deal if its not to pricey. Attaching a picture of what i have. Im still somewhat new to this so if i described anything wrong sorry :p from what i found its called dual flanged though

george3

welcome, and we need side pics. looks like a trail horse. but not sure only see a tire need to see the wheels and the bike. Whats wrong with that one?

Only 4 inch want more speed :( planning to grab one of harbor freights new predator engines if i can get it down to a decent price with coupons or something. My cousin put the 6.5hp on his bike and i must say its pretty impressive. What do you mean by side pics? The wheel or the bike itself? Not sure what kind it is it had a sticker on the from when i got it think it said speed whisper or something of that nature i really cant remember. Anywho i can get some measurements tomorrow if needed but for now i have this for a picture of the bike

Well its not only for speed i would just prefer to have bigger tires. Its pretty rough when i hit a hole with the 4 inch wheels. My cousins feels alot better with the bigger tires so thats another reason. Been browsing around tonight and found the exact same frame atleast it looks to me in the before and after pics thread post #29

just spotted another on post 283 so i guess it is a trail horse george ^^

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

6" wheels with 5.30/4.50-6 tires is the set up you want on the Trail Horse..They are a pretty big frame and look perfect with that tire and ride alot better also...

Now if i could only find rims :/ how cheap is it to get or setup a jackshaft if i was to go with the brake/sprocket on the same side of the wheel setup.

btw is it just impossible to find the rim im asking for or do i need to keep hunting ^^ The rim on it is a solid 1 peice with the flanges welded to it so i assumed there was other like it in bigger sizes

Last edited:
Take at look at the one piece 6" rim with drive hub built in at Gokartsupply.com, their p/n is 6DRW. I use a similiar rim on two of my minis amd have both sprocket/brake on the same side and they work great. You will need to know the width of your frame so you can plan for proper fit. Both my minis do not use a jackshaft btw. You can also use Gokartsupply's one piece 6" rim for the front too. Good Luck

If i swapped the brake over to the driver side with the sprocket i wouldnt be able to put on my chain guard :( Wanted to do it all proper and nice cause i planned to sandblast and paint everything when i find wheels to upgrade my engine. So if a dual flanged is not possible ill need a jackshaft to put the sprocket on the passenger side. Gonna go take a few pictures and measurements to show what i have and what im working with

I have 6 inches wide to work with on the rims. From what i found i could (or so i think) use 2x 2 3/4in hubs and have around half an inch to fill with spacers. Would that work if i can get ahold of 2 hubs for cheap and used a split rim? Is there any cheaper options then the 20-30$ each ive found on ebay and other sites? Oh and i added a picture of the sprocket bolt pattern to give you an idea. Would them tri star rims with the 3 holes match up with that does anyone know?

I was looking at something like this and hoping i could add a hub to the other side is that possible? But used and cheaper ^^ wanted to keep it under 50 if possible
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/8-376.html

1 more question i just thought about lol. Are my forks bent or not original? All of the ones i found so far look straight and mine are slightly angled on the bottom half

Last edited:

Mac

....Yes, The lower part of your forks are bent.

......Just for your information, You should be able to use a 6" Manco rim setup
for your Trail Horse. It's about the same way of mounting sprocket and brake drum:

Find one close to you, this one would cost too much.

george3

wtf why do you want to replace the rear wheel? Just find the match in a front on this site under mini bike parts wanted. then buy the 530/450-6 tires prob. solved. then streighten the forks. put the ugly 6.5 on it and done deal.

Still looking but leaving town for a week so if something comes up ill be able to keep in touch but not go through with a deal until i get home.

Im guessing you dont read and just go around posting for a higher count. The only useful post you made was the first one welcoming me to the forum and asking for side pics which i thank you for btw. Anyways my thread is soon going to be 3 pages and not 1 post is offering something for sale :/ I do thank the few that posted to inform of the type of bike it is and the jackshaft idea and what size tires to use though. But from here on out can i only get responses that have a rim to offer or can point me in the direction of one

And for george closely read....
Find one close to you, this one would cost too much.

Mac

..Adam,
See what you can work out locally and keep me in mind.
I could send you the rim I previously pictured, minus the tire,
for a total of $30.00 Delivered.
Of course I'd have to take it apart and verify that it's not a broken POS first.
(That's $20 for Me and $10 for the Post Office.)

(Separately the parts are worth: Rim/$20, Sprocket/$15, Spacer/$10,BandDrum/$5~Prior to shipping)

This deal is ONLY for YOU, and not available anywhere else, or to anyone else on the Internet, with an expiration date of June 13,2011.
( Gee.....I sound like a real wheeler-dealer)

Im guessing you dont read and just go around posting for a higher count. The only useful post you made was the first one welcoming me to the forum and asking for side pics which i thank you for btw. Anyways my thread is soon going to be 3 pages and not 1 post is offering something for sale :/ I do thank the few that posted to inform of the type of bike it is and the jackshaft idea and what size tires to use though. But from here on out can i only get responses that have a rim to offer or can point me in the direction of one

And for george closely read....
Mac reads fine and 2091 posts since 2006 tells me he doesn't care about posting #s. He has a wealth of knowledge and is the man to go see for parts so dont burn a bridge with him, just some friendly advice.:thumbsup: