dunecycle info

DuneCycle

does anyone have any information on a.p.e. dunecycles built in the 70's. i had one when i was a kid and just recently purchased one to restore and keep as a collectable . i am looking for any type of brochures ,pictures, anything, etc .
Hi...I don't know alot about them, but I do have one that I rebuilt a couple of years back. It is the "Springer" model with the roll cage. There are a few ads out there on ebay, but the info is pretty sketchy. What are you looking for exactly?

DuneCycle

does anyone have any information on a.p.e. dunecycles built in the 70's. i had one when i was a kid and just recently purchased one to restore and keep as a collectable . i am looking for any type of brochures ,pictures, anything, etc .
The Company A.P.E. (Allied Pacific Engineering) I believe went belly up in the late 1970's or early 80's after Honda introduced the 3 wheeler. That event pretty much killed the 3 wheel go-cart market at the time. I remember seeing an ad in a 1970 Cycle magazine my Dad kept in the bathroom. I never saw one up close as they were out of California. Then I was driving through a small town in Iowa one day and saw one in pieces at a garage sale. I bought it and restored it. There were a few models made. "Tracker" "Springer" and they offered a Briggs engine or a McCullough at one time. There was also an optional SKI insert that replaced the front tire. I am not sure how well that would have worked. Cool Idea though. Some had roll bars, slip differentials, etc... Mine has the roll cage, a ball joint flexible frame, and just looks cool.
I will probably end up selling mine here soon if you know of anyone.
Thanks,
Mike

Feel the Threedom on a Trike

The Company A.P.E. (Allied Pacific Engineering) I believe went belly up in the late 1970's or early 80's after Honda introduced the 3 wheeler. That event pretty much killed the 3 wheel go-cart market at the time. I remember seeing an ad in a 1970 Cycle magazine my Dad kept in the bathroom. I never saw one up close as they were out of California. Then I was driving through a small town in Iowa one day and saw one in pieces at a garage sale. I bought it and restored it. There were a few models made. "Tracker" "Springer" and they offered a Briggs engine or a McCullough at one time. There was also an optional SKI insert that replaced the front tire. I am not sure how well that would have worked. Cool Idea though. Some had roll bars, slip differentials, etc... Mine has the roll cage, a ball joint flexible frame, and just looks cool.
I will probably end up selling mine here soon if you know of anyone.
Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike : The Trikes are making a real comeback in all sizes of bikes. Your Dunecycle springer should sell real fast and yours looks great. Just give the people here on the forum a crack at it. And more pictures are always a big blessing for those looking to restore a lees complete project.
Steve :scooter:

i have seen that , mine however was yellow and called a flat tracker . thank you
A.P.E is just a pivatal part on the DUNECYCLE front end it was made from alluminum, probably just a vendor for the alluminum part on the front end.
TOWER INDUSTRIES Was the original Maker of DUNECYCLE. THey specialized in some other products but the son of the owner of TOWER IND. was the original inventor of the three wheeled dunecycle. HIS name was Bill STULL.

Dunecycle question answered.

i have seen that , mine however was yellow and called a flat tracker . thank you
A.P.E is just a pivatal part on the DUNECYCLE front end it was made from alluminum, probably just a vendor for the alluminum part on the front end.
TOWER INDUSTRIES Was the original Maker of DUNECYCLE. THey specialized in some other products but the son of the owner of TOWER IND. was the original inventor of the three wheeled dunecycle. HIS name was Bill STULL.

Correction dunecycle

hello steve i have a dunecycle you spoke about. It has a 290cc 2 cyl 2stroke kohler moter centrifical clutch but ive neever seen another like it. Sounds like you think it was called a spider.independanrt rear suspension disc brake. 27 years ago i traded for it.
THE MACHINE YOU HAD WAS NOT THE SPIDER MODEL, IT WAS CALLED THE MOJAVE 500E. they real quick i owned one.

Just became a member and i was wondering if and one knew of and dunecycles for sale. My brother and i have bine collecting them and we are looking for more. There's some out there just need to find them. Thank you
MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE COMING UP FOR SALE BUT THEY ARE ALSPORT- TRISPORT BRAND. Better Suspension in the front. Im putting together a ultra rare twin tube model. 295 kohler twin two stroke. the whole thing is what you call a ( TRISPORT RTS 295 ) 1500.00 take it now or let me put it together. m,hurley88@yahoo.com or call 11am to 10pm 618)267-0872
thanks Mike.

Hello Mike : The Trikes are making a real comeback in all sizes of bikes. Your Dunecycle springer should sell real fast and yours looks great. Just give the people here on the forum a crack at it. And more pictures are always a big blessing for those looking to restore a lees complete project.
Steve :scooter:
OOPS STEVE IS RIGHT( ALLIED PACIFIC ENGINEERING.) BUT THE PRIMARY i believe under there umbrellla COMPANY WAS TOWER INDUSTRIES IN SANTA-FE springs Cal.

Just became a member and i was wondering if and one knew of and dunecycles for sale. My brother and i have bine collecting them and we are looking for more. There's some out there just need to find them. Thank you
MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE COMING UP FOR SALE. BUT THEY ARE ALSPORT- TRISPORT BRAND. Better Suspension in the front. Im putting together a ultra rare twin tube model. 295 kohler twin two stroke. the whole thing is what you call a ( TRISPORT RTS 295 ) 1500.00 take it now or let me put it together. in Southern illinois.. m.hurley88@yahoo.com or call 11am to 10pm 618)267-0872
thanks Mike.

Last edited: