Electric conversion briggs 5hp

I think I am pretty sure already, but just to make doubly super doober sure, is installing the electric ignition coil #397358 (this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270827266157?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ) just a simple case of bolting it on, setting the gap on the flywheel, and attaching the spark plug to the black wire? Do i just leave the old points where they are, and perhaps cut the smaller wire which went to the old points coil shorter so it doesn't get in the way of anything? Is that it?

I just don't want to buy one and find it is the wrong part, they cost almost as much as I got my engine!!

Thanks, Kit.

Yes, you can just take the points out and then put it back togethor. Then do just what you said, put the flywheel on, bolt your new coil on, I use a folded dollar bill to space the gap between flywheel and coil. Or you can use a feeler gauge, I think they use .010 to
.015 or so. Hope this helps, good luck....

buckeye

If you take the points out, isn't there some little hole that needs pluged? I thought I read that on here somewhere.

MB165

If you take the points out, isn't there some little hole that needs pluged? I thought I read that on here somewhere.
Thats right,
either clip the wire and leave the points in or get a point plunger hole plug. I dont even know if they are still available but all you did was hammer it in the hole.